AGM - BD & Operations at Silverpeople
Views:914 Applications:234 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:31
Project Accountant - Management Consulting Firm - Healthcare/Pharma/Lifesciences Sector (2-7 yrs)
Project accountant- Healthcare domain- Management consulting firm
Our client is one of the leading life sciences consulting firm that provides strategic and tactical insights to clients worldwide. Blending consulting services with research capabilities, they specialize in corporate strategy, pipeline & portfolio optimization, brand planning, market analytics, promotional effectiveness, and licensing & acquisition. They are based out of Boston, MA, and with offices in New York City, Princeton, San Francisco and Gurgaon.
Position Summary :
- Reporting to the Project Accounting Manager, the Project Accountant will provide accounting and financial analytical support within a top tier, global life sciences consulting firm. This position is actively involved in all stages of the consulting engagements, including project set up, client funding, and ongoing reporting through invoicing and project completion reviews. The Project Accountant will be a central point of contact for Project Managers on all aspects of project invoicing and analysis.
- The successful candidate must be a motivated self-starter who is hard working, career driven and wants to be a visible contributor in our rapidly growing business.
Position Responsibilities :
- Issue accurate and timely client invoices in compliance with project contracts
- Interface with clients on issues in a professional and timely manner, including PO's and invoice collections
- Maintain project budgets and invoice schedules within OpenAir and NetSuite; vigilant review of project budgets against actual results, including proactive communication with Project Management team
- Assist Project Accounting team in overseeing time & expense entry compliance, revenue recognition, revenue variance analysis, external audit, financial and management reporting
- Issue purchase orders to third party service providers and review their invoices for compliance to agreements
- Monitor status of AR Aging, DSO, and following up with clients to collect past due invoices
- Initiate timely communication with Project Managers on contract documents, modifications, expenses and client invoicing; respond to Project Manager inquires and requests
- Assist in developing standard project tracking reports and provide ad-hoc analytic support
- Work closely with the Accounting team to ensure project expense is being recorded accurately within the proper fiscal period
- Research and recommend process improvements
- Build quality into all aspects of their work by maintaining compliance to all quality requirements while working in a fast-paced deadline-oriented environment
Position Requirements :
Education: Minimum of a bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or other quantitative business related fields.
Work Experience: 2-3 years of experience in project accounting, financial analysis, and other related fields.
- Working experience with US GAAP and financial concepts, as well as data gathering, analysis and reporting
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal relationship skills to be able to cross-functionally communicate clearly and effectively
- Ability to logically structure meaningful and actionable analysis for use by NonFinance/Accounting staff
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks in a complex, fast paced environment, with effective time-management skills
- Advanced Excel knowledge and proficiency with PowerPoint and Word
- Prior experience with NetSuite, Salesforce, and/or OpenAir a plus
- Experience maintaining, manipulating and reconciling large datasets is a plus