Operations Lead at Eureca.ai
Views:940 Applications:213 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Program Manager - Language Technology (7-10 yrs)
Why they exist :
The Indian internet has exploded. Over half a billion Indians will be online before the end of this year. Most of these Indians will prefer using their own language online. And next to nobody is building solutions for them. They are prevented from using the internet to its fullest potential because English forms a language barrier. Whenever they visit a site or app, they are met with a wall of text in a language that they do not understand. The company believes in language equality on the internet. It's what drives them and gives what they do a meaning. Language equality basically means that every Indian should enjoy the same range of options and experiences online in their own language that an English speaker does online.
What they do :
They take immense pride in the fact that they tackle some of the most complex and impactful problems Indian language users currently face today. They're working towards their mission of language equality by building a full-stack of language technologies and solutions, spanning fonts, font rendering, transliteration, translation, app & website localization in real-time, Indian language input. Indian language voice assistants, and Indic search, to empower the Indian language user and let them tap into the possibilities the internet offers them.
What they DON'T care about : Your age, gender, where you went to college, or your academic scores.
What they DO care about : Their mission resonates with you - You have an insatiable curiosity, which means you- ll figure a way out even in an unfamiliar environment. - And finally your integrity and work ethic.
As a Program Manager, you will :
Be responsible for organizing projects and activities for our organization. You will be tasked with developing programs to support the organization's strategic direction, as well as creating and managing long term goals. You will also be in charge of developing budgets and operating plans for programs.
1. Required to have a comprehensive view of program objectives
2. Ensure program goals and objectives are and remain aligned to the overall strategic objectives of the organization
3. Ability to find innovative ways to resolve problems or issues, systematically and effectively during the course of the program, such as optimizing and sharing resources across the program for obtaining benefits overseeing requirements and configuration management across components
4. Develop budgets and plans for the programs and adherence to the same
5. Responsible for daily management through the life cycle of the program.
6. Define the program controls that is the processes, procedures, reporting, etc., to manage the program.
7. Familiarity with project and program management methodology and techniques
8. Manage risks and issues and taking corrective measurements
9. Manage the program's budget
10. Engage all stakeholders and manage communication across all stakeholders
11. Manage and use resources across the various projects
12. Coordinate cross-project activities
13. Producing accurate and timely reporting of program status throughout its life cycle
14. Manage the main program documentation
1. Must possess strong leadership and management skills
2. Must possess strong communication skills to interact effectively with various stakeholders such as customers, sponsors, senior management, project managers, project team members, vendors, suppliers, and other program stakeholders
3. 5 to 7 years of project management experience
4. Project management certification (PMP) is required
5. Six Sigma certified (Green-belt) to optimize the processes and resources used to complete projects
6. Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods
7. Must have strong Conflict resolution and problem-solving skills
8. Must have proven Teamwork and motivational skills
9. Excellent knowledge of MS Office, working knowledge of program/project management software (Basecamp, MS Project, etc.)
10. Must be a strong relationship builder with experience in managing all stakeholders
11. Demonstrated commercial and business focus
12. Negotiation and influencing skills utilizing a consultative approach
13. Ability to multitask and prioritize work to meet timeframes
14. Ability to take ownership of tasks as allocated, to see them to delivery and raise issues or request resources as appropriate
Interpersonal Skills :
1. Excellent written and verbal communications
2. Excellent stakeholder management and reporting skills
3. Strong commercial acumen
4. Excellent problem-solving ability