Program Manager - Healthcare Operations (2-5 yrs)
Who we are looking for:
- You want to democratize healthcare and are an exceptional problem-solver and leader.
- You are, of course, a team player and excellent communicator, but you are also an independent and creative thinker, with no problem taking the reins through to completion.
- You are a doer and a go-getter.
- You love checklists. You don't like to sit behind shiny glass panels building imaginary plans all day.
- You like to hit the ground running, get your hands dirty and if a required jump in knee-deep waters to not just figure out the problem, but lead from the front to solve it.
- You have the graces of diplomacy, treat others with humble kindness, while possessing the confident leadership skills necessary to build capacity on the teams that you manage.
- You will be involved in our end-to-end engagement with healthcare partners, from helping scope out our work in a facility to launching and supporting the environment in running the program. We have an incredibly hands-on process in guiding healthcare providers through the implementation of our program but are also using technology so that we can efficiently track and monitor the program.
- You will be the face of the organization at our partner sites, and will be required to maintain a close relationship with management as well as the doctors, nurses, and all levels of staff.
- You will not only be a doer but an innovator as well in helping us prototype changes that will build a more robust program.
- We have several high-level partnerships with corporate hospitals and state governments to roll out the program within their facilities. We require individuals who have the ability to work equally effectively in private hospitals in urban centers, as well as government hospitals in rural districts. Both environments are crucial in our ability to scale, and we need our program managers to possess the graces required to adapt.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage end-to-end operations of the program at identified hospital partners of a state (60%):
a. Support our partners in the implementation and maintenance of the Care Companion Program. The operations of our program are divided into different phases that include both on-site implementation (requiring travel) and off-site support. You will be closely involved in each of these of phases.
b. Manage client/partner communications and public relationships with our diverse stakeholders like senior government officials and hospital level staff/ administrators.
c. Be the primary contact point for a set of partners, which can include both public and private hospitals. This will require client management, people management, analytical and problem-solving skills.
d. The ability to find innovative ways to resolve problems with strong management and leadership skills.
- Monitoring of the Care Companion Program in partner hospitals (20%):
a. Quantitative Monitoring: Actively monitor the outputs data for the assigned hospitals and work along with the monitoring and evaluation team to address the operational challenges identified during the monitoring process.
b. Qualitative Monitoring: Conduct and supervise class quality audits for a randomly selected set of hospitals every month.
- Support training of the trainer activities (10%):
a. Support the Master Trainers/Lead Trainers in delivering the ToT modules for the different content areas in the local language
b. Management of state and district level ToT workshops whenever conducted
- Program Iterations/Product Testing (10%):
a. Work with our in-house team of designers and content creators to implement our experimental design activities in the hospital partners. Share ground-level insights with our design team to guide the planning and implementation of experimental designs.
b. Gather feedback on the experiments conducted by the team, supporting them in making various operations/content decisions.
- The position requires heavy project based travel to various district hospitals in the given state. Travel may be for an extended duration and sometimes require relocation to another region of the state
Language criteria: Marathi, English, Hindi
- Healthcare or management background (MPH, MHA, MBA, MBBS, BDS, BPT, Bachelors in nursing, BAMS, BUMS, with management background)
- Proficiency in MS Office, common computer applications
- Professionals with field level experience of public health management are encouraged to apply
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience