Consultant Recruiter at TechnoScience
Views:232 Applications:40 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:1
Program Manager - Chemicals (7-15 yrs)
- Lead a team of 7-9 chemists at CRD to develop new technologies and support launch of new products in market segment and/or Business Segments - Personal Care, Agriculture and Process Industries
Tasks and responsibilities of the position:
Directs and manages a multi-faceted research and development organization and is accountable in CRD for:
- Initiating, developing and continually renewing a robust portfolio of Global Technology projects to help Momentive and/or its strategic customers maintain businesses leadership in Personal care segments
- Use his strong technical skills and application science knowledge to handle projects and opportunities in Agriculture and Process Industries (Textile, Antifoam)
- Works closely with Global BU Technology, Marketing and Strategic Marketing to prioritize new product pipeline. Well versed with Product development tools, able to effectively communicate the plans and drive alignment and expectation within cross functional teams.
- Establish clear Business aligned goals and critical milestones for his team.
- Drives his team to pursue timely delivery of critical milestones.
- Accountable for the technology development from his team that meets or exceeds Customers/Industry CTQs. Establishes operating policies and procedures that enable the above.
- Interfaces with Global IP pro team to create and manage a highly competitive patent portfolio for the product line and IP Barriers to competitors with understanding of competitive patent landscape.
- Lead a R&D team of experienced Chemists & Technicians and foster Technical Career Path(TCP) growth for employees plus mentor a pool of PostDoc Fellows and Interns on the job. Establish a stimulating & creative work environment and is responsible for the recruitment of talent as required.
- Ensure Associate Developmental Plans are identified for all team members evolving the overall strength and expertise of the team.
- Evaluate and attend to individual training needs.
- Serving as critical member of the CRD Leadership Team to strongly identify and/or support sustenance/launch of new site wide initiatives.
- Monitors, communicates, and manages activities around impactful communication both internally and externally.
- Installing and continuously improving laboratory safe working practices.
- Performs frequent site safety walkthrough to identify all non-compliance equipment and/or processes at the site. Implement solutions to eliminate exposure to these risks and prevent injury.
Job Description for Program Manager
- Seeks input from Safety teams, Associates and leaders on safety program improvement opportunities. Ensures open communication on status of progress and resolution against these suggestions.
- Possesses a thorough understanding of local/regional regulations and company policy.
Key Metrics Role is Accountable For:
Accountable for the performance and results of disciplines such as Personal
Care Projects including:
- NPI Schedule Timing and OTIF attainments
- Identify and deliver on critical milestone on programs.
- Patent filings and grants
- TIS Reports
Effective coaching and mentoring of the team members for the overall development of a cohesive and well-functioning team
Key Relationships :
- Direct and Indirect organizational ownership for Product Synthesis and Application development Chemists and Technicians
- Peers with other Global Technology Leaders, Process and Analytical Chemists, Marketing, ADE, IP, Product Stewardship, Sales Leaders and Operation Leaders
- STLs, GTLs and CTO
- Strategic customers
Travel Requirements Up to 20% (to visit global stakeholders/strategic customers).
Basic Qualifications: Background Qualification:
- 8-10 years Research & Development experience
- PhD Degree in the field of Organic Chemistry , Polymer Chemistry or Material Science
- Hands-on experience on design and development of novel molecules with clear path towards performance benefits. Structure-property correlation
- Sound knowledge of application science and formulation development for Personal care products
- Well verse with handling of search engines such as Mintel , Euromonitor
- Interaction with key customers in these segments and participation in forums such as in-cosmetics, HPCI etc
- Exposure to field of Emulsions, Antifoams, Defoamers would be plus points
- Technically mentored early career TCP professionals
- Led at least 1 project where cross-functional and global team members were leveraged to accomplish critical NPDI milestones.
- Language: English
Required Work Experience:
- Strong technical competence and ability to evaluate/down-select technical approaches.
- Proven experience with strategic evaluation/planning/road-mapping.
Job Description for Program Manager
- History of driving advanced business/technology concepts to fruition.
Required Technical/Business/Leadership Skills and Knowledge:
- Knowledge of overseeing laboratory operations and the implementation of safe laboratory practices & regulations.
- Strong leadership skills, capable of driving teams to establish roadmaps, planning, and technology components for advanced platforms.
- Portfolio management experience (able to develop and manage a broad portfolio of programs from the standpoint of technology)
- Experience in partnership/collaboration/open innovation
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Critical thinker with excellent analytical skill
- Demonstrated excellent prioritization and organization skills