Talent Acquisition at Third Sector Partners
Views:925 Applications:144 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Program Lead - NGO (15-20 yrs)
Organization: BHARAT RURAL LIVELIHOODS FOUNDATION
Job Title: LEAD PROGRAM
Reports to: CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
Location: NEW DELHI
Bharat Rural Livelihoods Foundation (BRLF) was set up by the Ministry of Rural Development, Government of India (GOI) as an independent organization under the Societies Registration Act to facilitate civil society action in partnership with State and Central Government, for transforming livelihoods and lives of rural households, with an emphasis on women, particularly in the Central Indian Tribal Region.
BRLF is a unique and first-of-its-kind initiative and the Foundation is constituted as a partnership between Government on the one hand and private sector philanthropies, public and private sector undertakings (under Corporate Social Responsibility) on the other. Major functions of BRLF is fostering strategic partnerships with state govt for improving programme outcomes, provide financial grants to Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) to meet their human resource and institutional costs for the up-scaling of proven interventions, invest in institutional strengthening of smaller CSOs, capacity building of professional human resources working at the grassroots, and to create a Knowledge Hub for the sector.
Read more about BRLF work at: https://www.brlf.in/
Reason for the hire:
BRLF is looking to hire a Program Lead who shall be responsible for anchoring the Program vertical of BRLF. H/she would be looking at leveraging the grants in program implementation and also support Research and Capacity Building verticals appropriately and for building institutional partnerships for BRLF. This role involves Rural livelihood creation along with Natural Resource Management with government partnership at State level.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Leading the program division of BRLF - developing high standards and proper due diligence processes for CSO selection, ensuring implementation of a robust grant management system, facilitating smooth project implementation and team building.
- Provide oversights to the overall management and operation of the program division - preparation of board notes, yearly plan of operation, budget notes, narrative reports, CAG TSP/2022-23/051audit, RTI responses and donor reporting.
- Managing a yearly grant portfolio of more than 26 crores with formal partnerships with State Governments and Grantee organizations
- The conceptualization of large-scale, high-impact State partnership projects - developing the project idea, contours of a formal partnership with the State Governments, forming a consortium of CSO partners and project implementation
- Ensure proper monitoring, adequate support to the implementing partners, course corrections and keep track of all livelihoods projects towards their goals and objectives
- Provide adequate support to the Resource Mobilization vertical in developing new proposals and presenting them to the possible donors
- Provide technical and adequate hand-holding support to the program vertical team and SPMU for the smooth implementation of ongoing and new projects
Note: The roles and responsibilities outlined above are not meant to be an exhaustive list of tasks. The need for flexibility is required and the job holder is expected to carry out any other related duties that are within the employee's skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
- Master's degree or similar in rural livelihoods, social sciences, or another relevant discipline from reputed institutions.
- Fifteen years working in the rural livelihood domain with a progressively increasing level of responsibility. Five years of experience leading the vertical.
- Proven experience in the project management and implementation of large-scale NRM and livelihoods project
- Experience working with civil society, CSR, philanthropic organizations and Government
- Demonstrable expertise in grants management, monitoring, assessments and reviews
- Experience in local governance issues.
- Experience in building Human resources for CSOs/State Missions/others
- Experience in the development and delivery of training courses desirable
- Experience working with the government, or in Government created missions/societies is desirable
- Experience working with Donor agencies is highly desirable
- Strong documentation and report-writing skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Hindi
- Aptitude in problem-solving
- Desire to work as a team with a result-driven approach
- 40 years and below as on 31 January 2023.
- Grant management knowledge
- Substantial experience in a leadership role, having built, inspired and managed cross- functional teams leading them to succeed.
BRLF is an equal opportunity organization without discrimination by virtue of religious belief, social class, caste, special ability, or gender. Third Sector Partners is a pioneering cause-connected executive search firm and has been retained for this position.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.