Chief Research Officer at Crossover Catalyst
Views:651 Applications:85 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:72
Program Lead - M&E/Implementation - NGO (8-15 yrs)
India has among the worst maternal and child health indicators in the world. While technical solutions to many of these problems are known, they face hurdles in getting implemented and subsequently scaled up. The Antara Foundation in partnership with state governments is working towards enhancing the public health system to consistently deliver products and solutions with scale, appropriate speed, and quality, backed by supportive policy and funding.
The Antara Foundation (www.antarafoundation.org) is founded by Ashok Alexander, former director at McKinsey & Company and country director of Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF), India. At BMGF he created Avahan, the world's largest private HIV prevention program. At Antara Foundation he has developed a model of improving health services by frontline workers.
The Antara Foundation is working towards improving Maternal and Child Health and Nutrition outcomes in India. Program Lead - M&E and Implementation (MEI) plays a key role in realizing the organization's mission to scale-up public health innovations by designing and implementing strong processes and systems to capture impact of program interventions.
Job Title: Program Lead/ Sr. Program Lead - M&E and Implementation
Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer
Reportees: Program Associates - M&E and Implementation
Duty Station: Delhi, with travel as required
- Develop and update program's theory of change, log-frames for interventions and design monitoring mechanisms in line with the two
- Lead implementation of the monitoring system along with a team of associates and develop monitoring methods and tools, administration of existing or developed tools,
- Support teams in implementation of the system in terms of capacity building, handholding, and troubleshooting
- Coordinate closely with program leads and partake in regular program reviews and aid quality delivery of the program
- Conduct analysis on qualitative and quantitative data, providing actionable insights to the program implementation team
- Lead design and implementation of scientific evaluation studies on both program impact and implementation in focused geographies and liaison with external stakeholders for the same
- Lead meetings with the Technical Advisory Group and incorporate the feedback in overall monitoring and evaluation strategy of the organization
- Experiment & Innovate: As a part of the M&E team, constantly innovate existing methods and approaches
- Help data go further: Develop ideas on how we can help data become more actionable, through effective communications, stronger links to business strategy, and staff engagement
- Manage multiple projects/work-streams, ensuring high quality output, and timely delivery contributing directly to the achievement of our organizational goals.
- Prepare periodic internal and donor mandated progress reports and lead periodic reviews with donors along with program implementation team
- Lead knowledge management activities like researching on M&E tools and methods, writing blogs/ think pieces on application of tools and methods, organizational learning, and organizational development work.
- Coach and mentor reportees in developing and managing the M&E system and processes, and contribute to their professional growth.
- Perform other tasks as required by evolving program requirements
Skills and Qualifications:
- A Masters/PhD in Public Health/ Social Works (MSW)/Business Administration (MBA)/Statistics/ Rural Marketing
- At least 8 years work experience in monitoring and evaluation of programs. Experience in Maternal & Child Health and/or nutrition would be preferable
- Curiosity and coachability; someone who is self-motivated, hungry to learn, and has a growth mindset
- Comfort in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment; ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Experience analyzing qualitative or quantitative data, and synthesizing information
- Experience in designing and implementing evaluations or research projects in maternal and child health would be preferred
- Ability to present information in a structured and insightful manner
- Superior detail orientation
- Technical skills: setting up and managing data collection and aggregation tools, designing data-linked reports and summary dashboards. Experience on monitoring and reporting tools such as Google Sheets, ODK, Power BI, Google Data Studio and on statistical packages such as SPSS, SAS, PSPP is preferred
- Understanding of various government data portals, particularly in public health and nutrition domain
- Excellent oral and written communication
Technical skills :
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation approaches; specific knowledge of result-based management system/ approaches like logical framework, logic model, Outcome Mapping (OM), Theory of Change (ToC), Social Frameworks, Participatory Rural Appraisal (PRA), Impact evaluation, Randomized Controlled Trials (RCTs), Process evaluation, Implementation Research methods, would be desirable. In addition, the incumbent is expected to know basics of data collection, database management, data analysis and report writing.
- Compensation for this position is competitive and commensurate to expertise. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Female candidates to be given preference.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.