Program Director - Education (8-15 yrs)
Program Director - Education
Roles and responsibilities :
The essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
1. Focus on outcomes: The Program Director will be responsible for end-to-end success of the program, which includes, but is not limited to:
- Selecting the talented underprivileged children.
- Pedagogical effectiveness, this will be critical for the long-term success of the program.
- Use of technology in education.
- Leadership, entrepreneurship, and banking programs.
- Culture and communication.
2. Challenge and measure everything:
- Design metrics of success for the program, and various other sub-programs.
- Work with third-party partners to scientifically evaluated the effectiveness of the program.
3. Process improvement: Design and implement processes for smooth and effective operations, including but not limited to
- The selection process, entrance exam, interview process.
- The pedagogical process: improve the educational process working with partners.
- Processes for various sub-programs: leadership, banking, etc.
4. Manage the field team and optimize operations of those teams in multiple cities:
- Set priorities, find innovative solutions accounting for regional uncertainties.
- Design short-term tactical plans to utilize resources effectively.
- Develop talent to ensure a team that is comprised of the right skills, knowledge, and mindsets needed for transformational progress for children.
- Build a systematic approach to people development to ensure that team members across the site are growing, performing and flourishing in their roles through a balance of oversight and support.
- Establish clear accountability, decision making rights and performance management levers that are aligned to the strategic plan.
5. Travel frequently to operating cities
- Currently Jaipur, Ajmer, Jodhpur, Bhopal, and Indore
- Design expansion timeline for the program.
6. Build relationships with key partners and stakeholders:
- Work with partner schools to realize the vision.
- Work with other foundations and companies to ensure that our educational program is best in class.
- Work with other foundations and companies to build best in class sub-programs (leadership, entrepreneurship, etc.)
- At the right juncture, build a local advisory board, coupled with additional partners, that are committed to the organization's success.
7. Build a strong culture of giving:
- Foster an internal team culture that is rooted in our organisational values of giving back, inspiring people, and accountability.
- Model culture both internally and externally.
- Build and execute a robust and effective external communications program.
- Work with marketing, web-team, and in-house writes to build effective marketing program, newsletters, annual reports, and much more.
- A Master's degree in any field.
- 8+ years of relevant work experience.
- Previous experience in managing large projects and teams to successful outcomes.
- Previous teaching/education experience would be an added advantage.
Skills & Competencies Required
- Ability to meet deadlines and work on a range of tasks in a diverse team.
- Ability to read/write/communicate very fluently in English.
- Strong interpersonal and people management skills.
- Ability to support teams and partners especially to troubleshoot or offer guidance, as appropriate.
- The person must be willing to travel frequently to Jaipur, Ajmer, Jodhpur, Bhopal, and Indore.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.