Program Director - Education (8-15 yrs)
Program Director - Education
Roles and responsibilities :
The essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
1. Focus on outcomes: The Program Director will be responsible for end-to-end success of the program, which includes, but is not limited to:
- Selecting the talented underprivileged children.
- Pedagogical effectiveness, this will be critical for the long-term success of the program.
- Use of technology in education.
- Leadership, entrepreneurship, and banking programs.
- Culture and communication.
2. Challenge and measure everything:
- Design metrics of success for the program, and various other sub-programs.
- Work with third-party partners to scientifically evaluated the effectiveness of the program.
3. Process improvement: Design and implement processes for smooth and effective operations, including but not limited to
- The selection process, entrance exam, interview process.
- The pedagogical process: improve the educational process working with partners.
- Processes for various sub-programs: leadership, banking, etc.
4. Manage the field team and optimize operations of those teams in multiple cities:
- Set priorities, find innovative solutions accounting for regional uncertainties.
- Design short-term tactical plans to utilize resources effectively.
- Develop talent to ensure a team that is comprised of the right skills, knowledge, and mindsets needed for transformational progress for children.
- Build a systematic approach to people development to ensure that team members across the site are growing, performing and flourishing in their roles through a balance of oversight and support.
- Establish clear accountability, decision making rights and performance management levers that are aligned to the strategic plan.
5. Travel frequently to operating cities
- Currently Jaipur, Ajmer, Jodhpur, Bhopal, and Indore
- Design expansion timeline for the program.
6. Build relationships with key partners and stakeholders:
- Work with partner schools to realize the vision.
- Work with other foundations and companies to ensure that our educational program is best in class.
- Work with other foundations and companies to build best in class sub-programs (leadership, entrepreneurship, etc.)
- At the right juncture, build a local advisory board, coupled with additional partners, that are committed to the organization's success.
7. Build a strong culture of giving:
- Foster an internal team culture that is rooted in our organisational values of giving back, inspiring people, and accountability.
- Model culture both internally and externally.
- Build and execute a robust and effective external communications program.
- Work with marketing, web-team, and in-house writes to build effective marketing program, newsletters, annual reports, and much more.
- A Master's degree in any field.
- 8+ years of relevant work experience.
- Previous experience in managing large projects and teams to successful outcomes.
- Previous teaching/education experience would be an added advantage.
Skills & Competencies Required
- Ability to meet deadlines and work on a range of tasks in a diverse team.
- Ability to read/write/communicate very fluently in English.
- Strong interpersonal and people management skills.
- Ability to support teams and partners especially to troubleshoot or offer guidance, as appropriate.
- The person must be willing to travel frequently to Jaipur, Ajmer, Jodhpur, Bhopal, and Indore.