Technology Lead at ProgCap Financial Services
Views:602 Applications:24 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:1
ProgCap - Lead - Data Scientist - IIT/NIT/BITS (5-8 yrs)
Lead -Data Scientist
About the Company :
- Progcap is a Fintech and AI company that pioneers alternative credit scoring for small businesses using proprietary data from non-traditional sources. We aim to fuel credit to 100 million under-banked SMEs in the emerging markets worldwide with an initial focus on India.
- Progcap is Sequoia-backed Series A startup, comprising of top tier talent from finance, technology, data science and operations. The Company is the recipient of the World Bank's "SME Product Innovation of the year", 2018 award, Madrid.
What you will do :
- As a Data Science Lead, you will be working on creating industry first analytical and propensity models to help discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data, and make smarter decisions to deliver even better customer experience.
- Your primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high quality prediction systems integrated with our products.
- Working with business and leadership teams to gathering and analyse structured and un-structured data
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- Creating automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance
- Creation and evolution of an efficient BI pipeline into a multi-faceted pipeline to support various modelling needs.
What we are looking for :
- 5-8 years of relevant experience, preferably in financial services industry.
- A bachelors / master's degree in the field of Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or Management from Tier 1 Institutes.
- Data warehousing experience will be a plus.
- Good conceptual understanding of statistics and probability.
- Experience in developing dashboards and reports using BI tools.