HR Consultant at Global Search
Views:244 Applications:66 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Production Manager - Auto Components Manufacturing (12-25 yrs)
Background information :
The company is a German manufacturer of premium products for Auto components with a significant market share in India, serving most of the known automotive brands in the country. With top-class facilities in several locations and a headcount of approximately 2,000, it takes pride in its commitment to innovation, sustainable growth, and nurturing a joyful work environment.
The company was taken over in 2020 by a very successful German financial investor. It now wants to seize the opportunity to utilise its full potential and realise true organisational change so it can forge ahead as a world-class supplier.
It also offers an equal opportunity workplace grounded in company values and driven by a vision for future company growth.
About the position :
The Chennai-Mappedu plant is going through a transformation on its way to become the preferred provider for advanced, sustainable and innovative sealing solutions. The 4M's in the shop floor have to be set right and all forms of "Muda '' need to be eliminated at a fast pace. This requires not only better and more robust processes and shop floor management but also a culture change in the team. All of that has to happen while serving automotive customers on time with zero defect quality.
For this challenging task, the company is searching for a mature, hands-on Production Manager who knows how to drive change and achieve consistent peak performance. He/she has a balanced personality, mental strength, team spirit and leads from the front, not minding to operate a machine himself/herself if required.
General duties and job responsibilities :
- Ensure that safety and health regulations are met
- Create and sustain "excellence in manufacturing"
- Plan and organise production schedules in collaboration with PPC and other departments
- Rationalise and optimise utilisation of all resources
- KPI responsibility (e.g. on time delivery, budget, OEE, zero defect quality, customer satisfaction, etc.)
- Ensure quality standards and customer specifications
- Build a dedicated and capable team supervisors and workmen
- Assist in recruitment, performance assessment, training, development, retention and termination
- Suggest cost saving and process improvements and help implement them
- Connect mind and heart
- Establish a distinct culture aligned with the company values, vision and goals
Education and experience :
- Masters or B.E in Mechanical/Electrical or similar
- Min. 12 years of professional experience
- Track record of handling automotive manufacturing operations (having worked with MNCs would be a plus)
- Exposure of handling new product launches with speedy ramp up
- Management of IR matters
- ERP software usage
- MS Office software (MS Word, MS Excel)
Required knowledge and skills :
- Languages (min. requirement): Good command of Tamil, Hindi and English
- Sound knowledge of shop floor management, Lean methods, waste reduction (MUDA), Kaizen, productivity improvement methodologies etc.
- Strong leadership qualities (be the person whom people follow)
- Organisational and time management skills
- Presentation skills