Production Head - Manufacturing Factory (8-14 yrs)
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor and/or Master's degree in Mechanical /Production Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 8 years of relevant work experience in factory operations and production.
- Past experience in robotics/automation industry is a plus.
- Knowledge of electro-mechanical systems, machines, etc.
- Strong communications skills and familiarity with fast growing companies, the associated deadlines
- and high-energy culture.
- Experience on Microsoft office and tools.
- Decisive nature with proven track record in a leadership capacity.
- Experience of heading team of engineers and managing 3rd party vendors.
Detailed Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible to plan, supervise and coordinate overall operations of the factory to meet qualitative and quantitative targets.
- Monitor and evaluate all aspects of production including safety, environmental productivity, quality,cost, and lean manufacturing initiatives.
- Utilize the strategies and tools of operational excellence and lean manufacturing to optimize operations and reduce costs.
- Manage and actively develop the production team, allowing them meeting the goals of the department, set KRAs and KPIs of the department
- Oversee all other support functions to achieve targeted production and productivity level with consistent quality.
- Oversee QA/QC, run periodic QA/QC programs to Improve overall quality control
- Ensure the quality of product leaving the factory through the consistent use of quality systems, operator training and auditing.
- Conduct detailed analysis of production processes and optimize to reduce assembly time and cost
- Oversee stock & Inventory management in coordination with store and procurement
- Prepare weekly and monthly production reports
- Shop floor layout planning and space optimization
- Manage production staff, manpower requirement planning for production in coordination with HR
- Create SOPs for various processes
- Planning storage, logistics and dispatch. Ensure quality certificates are processed before dispatch and pre dispatch report is prepared for review.
- Coordinating and preparing for client quality audits
- Ensure proper safety protocols are being followed inside the factory
- Training operators and employees on ISO standards, ensuring timely audits of ISO
- Liaising with govt. authorities, local administration and other external agencies for statutory compliances of the unit.
- Any other tasks as and when assigned by the Management.
Other Key Roles and Responsibility:
- Coordinate with R&D team to provide design inputs based on feedback from production.
- Analysing various costs associated with the above-mentioned activities and working on the reduction of the same.
- Identify training and development needs for subordinates and employees in general.
- Preparation of training modules, production charts and other production related documents and updating them periodically.