Director at Mirus Solutions
Views:164 Applications:50 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:46
Product Owner - Technology (10-20 yrs)
Role Purpose :
- As a Product Owner you will enable and inspire a multi-disciplinary and technology focused squad to pursue its delivery of innovative enhancements and enable other feature squads in the tribe to deliver faster and efficiently. You will constantly prioritise the squad's backlog with improvement and efficiency at the heart of the decision making. You will ensure that the work is operationally and strategically aligned to the tribe's mission and technology agenda.
- You will engage with other Product Owners within and outside the tribe to align and manage interdependencies for key technology outcomes.
- Whilst this role is not a people manager, it is an influencing role where you will be galvanising the squad and external stakeholders around a vision and supporting them to successfully deliver at pace. It is equal parts technology delivery and influencing stakeholders to continuously achieve end results.
Who are you?
- Continuous improvement tech junkie - You constructively challenge the status quo, look for better ways to do things and passionately advocate continuous improvement in technology
- Comfortable being uncomfortable - You are comfortable with uncertainty and have the ability to effectively manage yourself through ambiguity and change
- A team player - You know we only win if we all win. You recognise and value the different perspectives and skills your colleagues bring. It is not about being a hero but jumping in and contributing to the successful delivery of the team's mission
- The customer's biggest fan - You demonstrate a thirst for better understanding the customer and how our bankers service them. Define the problem and develop better solutions through their eyes.
- A problem solver - You are energised by tackling complex problems and use critical thinking, your network, skills, knowledge, and available data to drive better outcomes for our customers and the bank
- Risk savvy - You build sustainable solutions that protect customers, stakeholders and the community
- Committed to your own and other's growth - You strive to stretch and grow yourself and others by identifying your own development areas, seeking feedback and providing feedback to others to help them learn and grow everyday
What will you do?
As a product owner for tech-focused squad, you will define, prioritise, own and deliver key technology enhancements to enable the wider tribe for delivering quality solutions rapidly, reliably and efficiently.
Your role will be to provide the following services to your squads and the tribe at large:
- A strong shared understanding of the technology stack used in the tribe for driving the technical maturity
- Collaborate with Tribe Tech Area Lead, Architect, Engineer chapter Leads and other stakeholders to prepare the technology roadmap for the tribe, including the current state and gaps to reach the target state
- Build tribe level common tech backlog, elaborate requirements and build ongoing engagement to kick end goals
- Articulate the need and create shared clarity on technology - bring people on the journey, creating a shared understanding of context, purpose, goals and progress. Even if its ambiguous, create focus and enough certainty to deliver and succeed.
- Be a champion for the completion of the technology uplift and manage/resolve blockers leveraging your strong interpersonal skills across the bank
- Work with varied range of stakeholders to prepare and agree the roadmap for enhancements and improvements
- Engage and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders for evaluating multiple solutions, lead proof of concepts and help with decision making for adopting innovative technology solutions
- Foster strong and collaborative relationships with other teams across the bank
- Understand the needs of the squad and be a strong voice, especially when help is required
What skills you will bring on-board?
- Able to understand technology principles and tools, to effectively provision and co-ordinate complex interdependencies as they are expressed in installations and implementations
- A good handle on containerisation, Openshift and Kubernetes, Cloud platforms such as GCP and AWS
- Dev-ops understanding (CI/CD Pipeline). Experience
- in common tools such as JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo, etc.
- Knowledge and experience with cross-platform/cross tribe integration
- Ability to coordinate end to end delivery across multiple technology areas
- Experience working in Agile environment, at scale.
- Proven Technology Product Onwer Manager experience
- Ability to Develop dashboards to quantify internal processes efficiency
- Demonstrated competency to deliver Tribe/Squad outcomes from initiatives assigned to you via the application of tribe Governance, Transition and Approval processes
- Exceptional stakeholder management experience
- Ability to influence & negotiate via a variety of strategies, to build string stakeholder buy-in
- An understanding of the release process and how it's applied across squads/tribes
- Keen eye to identify dependencies and risks and come up with mitigations plans accordingly
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Tribe/Squad needs, and how these are delivered via the technology domain
- Ability to inform Tribe/Squad prioritisation decisions while establishing and maintaining a high level of customer trust and confidence
- Ability to improve on existing processes to allow for improved delivery by influencing squad engineering practices
- Ability to develop and agree value for change initiatives and track value through execution
Things that you would strive to be :
- Known for Getting Stuff Done - effectively synthesise multiple sources of information and leverage a broad network of connections to relentlessly prioritise and execute
- An Aligner - understand that your area operates as part of a complex system and work closely with my colleagues to ensure alignment
- A collaboration champion - champion collaboration and build the expertise, capabilities and engagement of team members that are embedded across multiple squads
- The customer's greatest fan - demonstrate a thirst for better understanding the customer, define the problem and develop solutions through their eyes
- Commercially savvy - synthesise multiple sources of information and leverage strong relationships to make sound domain decisions that enable the needs of both the bank and the customer
- Have a good ol- dose of professional humility - actively and visibly ask for feedback and role model discussing failures and weaknesses in the interest of learning
- A problem solver - energised by tackling complex problems. I use my critical thinking, network, skills, knowledge and available data to drive better outcomes for our customers and the bank
- Risk savvy - build sustainable solutions that protect stakeholders and customers and proactively address risks by role-modelling improvements in the bank's overall risk and control environment.
- Attention to detail - demonstrate a high level of attention to detail with plans, risks, mitigations, schedules, communications and any other activities that I am involved with