Founder & Managing Director at Talent Toppers
Views:238 Applications:62 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:14
Product Owner - - New Business/Underwriting - Life Insurance (14-20 yrs)
Our client has undertaken a digital transformation program to support and accelerate the business to be truly client-centric, digitally enabled and data-driven and work in an agile manner as we build solutions for our clients. This role-holder will bring deep long-term insurance knowledge, in particular of underwriting, operations, new business processing and lean process optimization. The role-holder will be the Regional Product Owner within the NB&UW squad responsible for driving the vision and strategy for achieving Straight Through Processing of new business applications and ensuring that processes remain highly differentiated and market leading. The role-holder will possess :
- Deep understanding of the insurance industry, and in particular the onboarding and underwriting processes, an interest in technology, and are able to advocate for user needs.
- You will work closely within your team to ensure user feedback is translated into new developments.
- You will lead your team and work with the other stakeholders to ensure the NB&UW squad successfully delivers the STP and continuous improvement mandate.
- You will be accountable for your team's specific business OKRs that are a sub-set of the broader Solution Factory and DE OKRs.
Major Accountabilities :
- Set ambition and clear NB&UW vision for product take-on and processing in Asia.
- Bring expertise in the business issues to your cross-functional team and communicate our vision effectively to stakeholders, your team and the wider organization.
- Collaborate proactively with stakeholders to ensure that BN&UW capabilities across Asia build from our anchor markets across the Business Group in a consistent and replicable manner, delivering the same high quality experience to clients, advisors and colleagues.
- Work closely with the DNA Platform Owner and the other, residual relevant app owners, together with the Heads of Solutions and Operations to prioritise and manage the backlog and ensure the backlog of multiple sprints are prepared ahead of time.
- Utilize market and industry knowledge to translate user needs into user stories and acceptance criteria for their team
- Determine end-to-end team output strategy from inception to production
- Facilitate release planning with stakeholders as well as weekly demos
- Integrate usability studies and research into product requirements to enhance user satisfaction and ensure customer-driven design
- Be accountable for product-specific OKRs and communicate progress to stakeholders
- Deep understanding of life insurance new business processing and the underwriting function
- Ability to understand the sales process, the underwriting decision making process and the advisor and client journey experience.
- Experience of working in life insurance industry
- MBA from a premier institute is an added advantage
- Focus on client experience, journey and pain points and ability to provide solutions
- Ability to work with a cross functional team, vendor teams in an agile way