Talent Specialist at Xpheno
Views:79 Applications:15 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:13
Product Marketing Manager - Automation Products (12-14 yrs)
Position Profile: Product Marketing Manager - BR IN
Organizational Unit: South Asia
Current Level: CML3
Purpose / Mission (Main objectives of the Position)
The Product Marketing Manager is responsible for driving all product-related topics within the cluster. She/he will set up a systematic and proactive market management of product portfolios and product life cycles. She/he will also act as the voice of the Business Region at HQ, as well as ensure global initiatives are rolled out into the Business Region.
Impact on Business (i.e. business contribution, nature and scope of responsibility, risk and financial management, strategic/tactical/operative responsibility)
1. Product lifecycle management
a) Product-based Campaigns
i. Coordinate with Regional and Cluster-level Sales & Marketing teams to develop new and existing product campaigns
ii. Align with cross-functional team (e.g. Product Supply, Sales, Pricing) to ensure smooth launch of product campaigns
iii. Take ownership to ensure implementation (e.g. Product Benefits Training for Sales, etc.) and monitoring of launch plans, including activities for Sales, Marketing, Product Supply, etc.
b) Product Care and phase-out
i. Implement Regional and Cluster-level product portfolio management capabilities to drive processes such as re-launch, re-positioning, phase-in/phase out, data management, etc.
c) Product idea to realization
i. Institute a systematic process to collect and evaluate product requirements and feedback from the market ii. Support definition of product priorities based on Company's values, positioning, and market needs with various stakeholders (Industry Segment and Cluster teams)
iii. As necessary, work with Global Product Management and/or Regional TECs to ensure an efficient and effective product development cycle
2. Critical Stakeholder alignment activities
a) Ensure adherence to global processes and policies; influence change if necessary
b) Establish short and mid-term product plans to ensure effective resourcing and alignments with relevant segment stakeholders (Industry or Cluster Sales leaders)
c) Ensure effective product knowledge distribution into the Clusters through defined processes and trainings d) Support cross-functional processes such as demand planning
Innovation and Change (i.e. range and diversity of activities, problems, processes, market dynamics and management challenges that need to be recognized and resolved, improvement of processes, systems or products)
- Contribute to business growth and profitability by identifying & prioritizing potential business opportunities and leading efforts to implement such opportunities.
- Build up the Product Marketing team under marketing function to define the competitive products which can fulfill the local market needs.
- Participate in developing the pricing strategy
- Organize business development meetings with potential partners
- Identifying new market opportunities and providing the leads to the sales and the marketing team
Communication with internal and/or external Customers, Suppliers as well as Third Parties (indicate nature and context of client relationship and service delivery, required communication skills, frequency of communication (i.e. infrequent =few times a year, occasional= few times a month, frequent= regular but not daily, continuous= daily)
- Frequently discuss and exchange ideas with the sales team, industry segment team and Solution Engineering Center.
- Frequent product training for Sales team and support on Customer training when necessary
- The level of communication in general is mainly focused on information exchange and to influence others.
People Leadership (i.e. management, motivation and development of staff as well as teamwork)
- Establish team with product expertise and manage relevant product lifecycle as well as ability to drive campaigns
- Hire those job holders for the above mentioned functions.
KPI - Key Performance Indicators
- Planning accuracy
- Sales volume
- Market Share
- Bachelor Degree ( Electronics/Mechatronics/Mechanical )
- MBA is preferred
Professional Knowledge and Experiences
- 12+ years of relevant business experience necessary
- 3 - 4 years experience in Product Marketing of an international brand
- Strong Knowledge of automation products
- Experience of marketing of Electric Automation or Process Automation is preferred
- Pricing experience is preferred
- Sales experience is preferred