MD at Ivanan Consultancy & Services Inc.
Views:443 Applications:114 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:94
Product Manager - Semiconductor/Power Electronics/Battery Storage/Energy Domain - IIT/NIT/IIM/NITIE/FMS/MDI (5-15 yrs)
Looking for product manager for USA based NASDAQ: listed MNC from Semiconductor/Switchgear/ Power electronics/Battery storage/Energy domain
Client's New Ensemble Energy Management system is the future of energy. Enabling Ensembles Always On promise to customers requires advanced communications and control solutions. These include our Enpower smart switch and Envoy gateway. The communications and control products are at the heart of the system and defining these correctly essentially means defining the entire energy management system. You will own the definition of the Ensemble energy management system for Europe and Asia Pacific markets. You will interact and contribute to the component definitions to ensure they carry the capabilities needed to enable the system functionality. If you are looking for a challenging product management role look no further - get ready to be part of the communications and control team.
Task & Responsibilities
- Own the VOC (Voice of the Customer) and the design of the energy management system. Be obsessed with our customers - who they are, what their needs and pain points are, why they trust certain products and not others, and etc.
- Drive meetings with installer and homeowners. Capture and articulate product feedback from multiple sources. You will identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share and improve user experience.
- Prioritize features based on market demand and impact, get buy-in from all stakeholders (engineering, systems, testing, field).
- Define detailed system requirements with expected sequence of operations. Define system configurations required to support market needs. Bring together an array of distributed components into a cohesive energy management system.
- Own the end-to-end product development process, including business case definition, writing and scoping product requirements, creating feature specifications, testing and validating pre-release product, and more.
- Manage and track product development process ensuring agile product development and responsiveness to evolving market needs.
- Define, track, and analyze metrics and measures for product performance.
- Develop product related content in support of sales and account management teams
- Conduct competitive assessments.
- Manage relationships with partners (manufacturing companies, distribution partners, customers, etc.)
What You Need
- Bachelors in Electronics, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering from Tier 1 engineering colleges (IITs, NITs)
- MBA from a reputed college (IIMs, NITIE, FMS, MDI or other tier 1 B school)
- Relevant advanced degree such as an MBA
- 7 years relevant experience of which 5 years must be as a Product Manager
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Natural peer and team leadership skills
- Desire to work in a highly visible and critical role
Things that make a difference
- Prior experience in battery storage and/or PV inverter product management
- Bachelors in Electronics, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- 5 years of professional experience as a Product Manager
- Experience with battery storage and/or PV inverter product management
- GPA of 8 & above
- Prior experience with battery storage systems
- Masters in Electrical/electronics/mechanical