COO & Head Talent Acquisition at Foresight Management Consultants
Views:131 Applications:40 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:3
Product Manager - New Product Development - Cosmetic Brand/FMCG (7-12 yrs)
Job Description :
1. Creates and manages the new product development pipeline portfolio, to ensure successive annual rollouts of value-added profitable products, to achieve growth targets.
2. Collaborates cross-functionally to drive the Customer to Concept process to bring new products to market.
3. Identifies marketing opportunities by analyzing and defining the total market, market share, competitor market share, and available market share by product market.
4. Provides leadership and support for the design, development, refinement, and implementation of products by initiating research to identify consumer needs; develop new products to meet consumer needs; research consumer acceptance of products; work with manufacturing to identify packaging improvements, identify co-pack opportunities; develop introductory market programs to introduce new products; and lead status meetings to drive programs or new product initiatives to market. Periodically presents project updates to the leadership team.
5. Develop, maintain, and update new product development - Concept to Customer- process to ensure a group of new concepts/products are available to be introduced and commercialized on an annual basis to include :
- Ideation Capture
- Funnel to Focus.
- Stage Gate Management
- Performance Evaluation
6. Initiate and continue new concepts/products - Ideation- activities. Activities to include :
- Ideation capture
- Strategic alignment assessment
- Ideation prioritization
7. Initiate and continue new concepts/products - Funnel to Focus- activities. Activities to include :
- Proof of concept
- Market viability validation
- Business case development
- Resource requirements
8. Champion prioritized new concepts/products through the - Stage Gate- development process. Activities to include :
- Formulary and costing
- Internal product/process validation testing
- Specification data disbursement
- Test pilot operational run
- Customer/Market test o Production Scale up
9. Handle all aspects of taking successful new product concepts through commercialization. Where appropriate, develop an introduction team with members from key functional areas to insure a coordinated and successful introduction.
10. Responsible for Performance Evaluation Analysis. Activities to include:
- Post launch ROI validation - sales and cost performance validation
- Customer/Market feedback
- Champion identified improvements.
- Ensure key learnings and best practice are documented and shared institutionally.
- Implement improvements in project management tools and methodologies.
11. Handle all customer specific requests and brand line extension activities within Cosmetics Industry to include:
- Product Development
- Consumer/Product Testing
- Packaging o Introductory Marketing Support
12. Maintain ongoing communication with Packaging, Procurement, Manufacturing and Engineering to insure a thorough understanding of emerging new ingredients, packaging, and manufacturing technology. Incorporate this learning into new product development process.