Product Manager - Media Conglomerate (8-14 yrs)
Product Manager | Leading Media Conglomerate
- Work with one of the largest media houses in India, take your career to a new high with the global exposure and experience.
- Our client is among the top 3 most trusted newspapers in India, read by more than 30 million Indians. It is one of the most renowned names in Indian media especially across North India. They also host a multitude of media initiatives like Print, Digital, TV, Events and Radio Stations covering various states in the country to connect better with the locals. Their website is one of the fastest growing digital news sites, where they have shown a growth in audience by around 200% in tier 2 and 3 cities and towns in India.
- The 6 decade old media house was founded by a fearless and famous journalist and writer who has been felicitated with many literary awards. Currently led by a team of experts and media professionals at its CXO levels, the publishing house has expanded to many digital and offline businesses under its roof, providing employment to thousands in India. They have kept the flag high with their journalistic values and quality coverage of events throughout the world.
- As a Product Manager, you will lead our multi-disciplinary development team, and help us continue to grow our offerings. You will guide the cross-functional teams in the successful creation of products - from conception through release - that improves consumer experience and grows market share.
What you will do:
- Driving the product and business-planning process across cross-functional teams of the company
- Analyzing consumer needs, current market trends, and potential partnerships from an ROI and build vs. buy perspective
- Assessing current competitor offerings, seeking opportunities for differentiation
- Analyzing product requirements and developing appropriate programs to ensure they- re successfully achieved
- Developing, implementing, and maintaining production timelines across multiple departments
- Appraising new product ideas and strategizing appropriate to-market plans
- Driving the execution of all product lifecycle processes for products, including product research, market research, competitive analysis, planning, positioning, roadmap development, requirements development, and product launch
- Translating product strategy into detailed requirements for prototype construction and final product development by engineering teams
- Creating product strategy documents that describe business cases, high-level use cases, technical requirements, revenue, and ROI
- Analyzing market data to develop sales strategies, and defining product objectives for effective marketing communications plans
- Collaborating closely with engineering, production, marketing, and sales teams on the development, QA, and release of products and balance of resources to ensure success for the entire organization
- Developing product positioning and messaging that differentiates the company and its features across primary market segments
What you need to have:
- Bachelor's degree in product design or engineering - B.Tech is Must.
- PG : can be either MBA / Master's degree in product design or engineering from a premium institute
- Strong experience in a dynamic product management role
- Proven experience overseeing all elements of the product development lifecycle
- Highly effective cross-functional team management
- Previous experience delivering finely-tuned product marketing strategies
- Exceptional writing and editing skills combined with strong presentation and public speaking skills
- Master's degree in product design or engineering from a premium institute
- Previous software and web development experience
- Proven experience working as a product developer in a non-managerial role
- Demonstrable knowledge in SEM and online advertising
- Work experience of at least 5 years in product building.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.