Founder at Serving Skill
Views:324 Applications:73 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:16
Product Manager - Life Insurance (8-10 yrs)
Professionals in this group apply subject matter knowledge in product planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle. The individuals in this group have a keen eye for gaps in consumer product offerings and the innovative mindset to fill them. They are responsible for Aligning stakeholders, prioritizing product feature and capabilities and defining a vision for a product.
Key Responsibilities :
- Continuously engage with community to get feedback on the product features, understands and triage customer issues and provide updates on product roadmap
- Anticipate risks; engineering assess and escalate accordingly.
- Help with organizing and presenting program reviews/status to, business, and senior management.
- Defining and implementing the marketing strategy including social media marketing plans and other marketing initiatives for the product/ service line(s).
- Managing all collaterals for the product/ service line(s).
- Working with business development team for proposals/ presentation to clients as required.
- Ensuring smooth operations for the product/ service line(s)
- Develops new software product concepts, designs and enhancements to existing product design that reflect market and user requirements.
Specific Authorities( Financial & Non Financial) : NA
Key Performance Indicators :
- Establishing and ensuring to reach the target for converting the leads to final sales.
- Keeping track of the cost incurred to generate a particular potential lead and ensuring the costs are efficient.
- Ensuring cost efficiency while converting potential lead to final sales.
- Ensure that the users have started using your product/feature in a specific time period - total user base & increase in user base
- Identifying the time, the users are spending on a product/feature, how quickly are the users bouncing from the product/feature
- Monitoring critical resource availability and planning appropriately for coverage
- Monitoring the quality of the released product
- Monitoring team performance against sprint calculations using story points
Internal Job Requirements :
- Bachelor's or master's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Finance, Engineering, Economics or Marketing
- Ample field experience for at least 3-5 years in the process of product development, strategy- building, testing or any level of product designing.
- Should be comfortable in making and translating data reports in Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets, and other related software.
- Knowledgeable about your product's users and industry
- Able to analyse complex data and look for trends in the market and users' opinions and behaviour fair and objective when making decisions.
- Technical background with experience in software development or web technologies.
- Previous experience in a product development or management role.
- 3-5 years of experience in product management for a B2B/B2C company.
- Experience creating and contributing to a software product roadmap, evangelizing the product vision.
- Experience working directly and cross-functionally with developers, product managers, marketing and other related stakeholders.
Technical Competencies Skills List Knowledge Applicability :
Business Needs Analysis :
- Best practice methodologies in business requirement gathering
- Strategic planning and prioritisation for IT business requirements
- Business modelling techniques and tools
- Projection of long term implications of IT solutions or changes
- Business case development
- Design requirement elicitation process, defining analysis and inputs required
- Lead complex and comprehensive analysis of business processes and inputs gathered to understand long-term business requirements and their driving factors
- Facilitate scoping and business priority setting for strategic and complex IT initiatives with senior stakeholders
- Obtain formal agreement from stakeholders and recipients to the scope, prioritised requirements and establishment of a baseline for solution delivery
- Manage effective business processes, through changes and enhancements in IT systems, management and processes
- Establish the contribution that IT initiatives, programmes and solutions can make to business objectives
- Oversee development and implementation of solutions, taking into account the change implications to the organisation and all stakeholders
- Utilise in-depth analysis and business models to present a strong, compelling business case for proposed IT changes and solutions
- Project long-term costs and benefits, options, risks and impact to senior stakeholders
Project Management :
- Best practices in end-to-end programme management
- Manage large programmes or multiple projects concurrently through the phases from definition, scoping, delivery and successful completion that are typically with significant business impact, and high-risk dependencies
- Plan programmes in accordance to organisation requirements
- Current methodologies and tools in industry
- Strategies for alignment of different programmes
- Programme risk anticipation, mitigation and planning
- Resource-management techniques
- Project budget planning
- Performance review processes for programmes
- Identify programme implications, and manage and coordinate project interdependencies with other projects
- Determine appropriate methodologies and tools, ensuring that they are fit-for- purpose
- Develop a programme-specific risk management plan
- Develop a stakeholder engagement plan to secure the buy-in and support of critical stakeholders
- Plan programme budgets, and strategically control and allocate resources across multiple projects
- Review progress and performance of individual projects and recommend actions for improvement
Problem Management :
- Problem management process
- Incident management process
- Tools used in problem and incident management
- Usage of categorisation, impact and priority coding systems in problem management
- Principles of reactive and proactive problem management
- Documentation requirements and protocols in problem management
- Usage of documentation tools, systems and records to log relevant information throughout the problem's lifecycle
- Monitor the lifecycle of specific problems
- Diagnose the causes of incidents and problems
- Categorise incidents and problems according to established guidelines
- Identify appropriate solutions to resolve problems
- Implement solutions to address the problem through appropriate control procedures
- Propose solutions to prevent future occurrences of similar problems
- Document information about problems and the appropriate workarounds and resolutions
Product Management :
- Competitor, consumer and technology trends
- End-to-end processes in product management
- Product lifecycle
- Product performance analysis
- Components of a product roadmap
- Develop a product requirements document, according to a set direction and guidelines
- Manage the lifecycle of a product, alongside the tracking of consumer response
- Identify competitor, consumer and technology trends in relation to the product
- Facilitate phase-in and phase-out of products to ensure smooth transition
- Support sales and marketing activities for the product, in line with product strategy
- Analyse trends in product performance
- Propose improvements to the product or branding to enhance product performance
Software Design :
- Design requirements for simple, basic software components
- Basic software design tools and techniques
- Types of controls, elements and features in software
- Design a simple software component or interface according to functional specifications and business requirements
- Utilise appropriate software design methods and tools, in line with the organisation's software design practice and principles
- Identify relevant controls, elements and
- Indicators of software functionality and interoperability
- Documentation of design details features to be included in the software to meet its design objectives
- Assess functionality and interoperability of different elements or components in the software design
- Produce detailed design documentation mapped to user specifications
Applications Development :
- Long term vision and immediate objectives of the application
- Key characteristics, pros and cons of different application development methodologies
- New and emerging trends in application development
- Advanced programming languages and tools, and their uses in different contexts for different application features
- Applicability and reusability of externally developed codes and components
- Relative criticality or importance of different application components or properties
- Various debugging processes and suitability for different contexts
- Feasibility analysis for incorporating new, complex or advanced features or capabilities
- Measures of software complexity
- Industry best practices in secure software and applications development
- New and emerging secure software and applications development techniques, tools and approaches
- New and emerging techniques for seamless software deployment
- Evaluate implications of new and emerging trends on application development
- Plan large-scale or business-critical application development projects
- Determine application development methodologies, tools, and programming languages
- Manage interdependencies of multiple work streams and complexity in applications development
- Establish an efficient and effective application testing process that includes vulnerability assessments and secure testing
- Oversee application development approaches and plans to ensure achievement of quality, safety and security standards
- Establish debugging process for application issues encountered
- Review recommendations to improve the overall functionality, usability and security of applications, against cost, efficiency and viability considerations
- Evaluate new technologies, secure coding and practices that will enhance security capabilities in applications development
- Evaluate feasibility and incorporate predictive behaviour or data analytics, geo-spatial capabilities and other advanced features in application development
Functional Competencies :
Skills List Knowledge Applicability :
- Life Insurance - Generalist
Demonstrate strong knowledge of:
- Product portfolio
- Sales Channels (Branch, Virtual Channels)
- Sales process
- Claims process
- Risk & Regulatory Frameworks
To the effect of :
- Performing effective and independent work in a few knowledge areas
- Assessing and diagnosing issues across some knowledge areas
- Determining preliminary solutions to identified issues and gaps