Product Manager - Education (4-5 yrs)
Join the Simple Team!
Simple Education Foundation | JD 2023-2024
Product & Codification Manager:
- Our mission at Simple Education Foundation (SEF) is to reinvent 50000 government schools as centres of high-quality learning for all children by 2030. And we intend to do that by building high-quality and sustainable government school transformation programs that work at the intersection of parents, teachers and principals.
- We're a diverse group of educators, engineers, teachers, economists and storytellers, who share a common vision of quality education for all children in India. Our team is young, dynamic, bold and audacious enough to make this vision come true in our lifetime. We are looking to onboard more members on our paper plane!
About the role:
- SEF is looking to codify its evidence-based products and services (designed and tested for stakeholders) and make them available to other education partners/organisations working with the education system in India.
- Towards this, we are looking for a product development manager who will ideate and see through the design and launch of products and services at scale. The individual will also be responsible for ideating and setting up systems for partner adoption, engagement, and interaction with the products and services.
- This will be a cross-functional role involving strong communication, collaboration with other verticals, and taking ownership of projects end to end.
How can you succeed in this role?
- By codifying SEF's evidence-based stakeholder-facing products and services for scale
- By designing systems/tools for stakeholder interaction with products and services
- By launching and testing products and services at scale
- By setting up data dashboards and deriving analysis for partner adoption and engagement at scale
- By deriving insights from data and using the same for product improvements and iterations
- By collaborating with other verticals to gather context research and evidence behind the product and service, communicate it in a simple way
Communication & Collaboration:
- Engage in evidence-backed and timely communication to communicate their learning, challenges and changing priorities
- Collaborates with stakeholders & Interventions as equal partners in designing and developing products
- Proactively engage in problem-solving with own team and stakeholders, keeping the organisation's vision and mission in mind.
Data Analysis & Research:
- Analyse data to drive decisions, insights and reflections for interventions, self and others
- Prepare a strategy for the collection of data (what, why, how, when & who) at the intervention level.
- Design Data systems (for instance, using google sheets, data studio, and forms for collecting data at the intervention level. Identify the data gaps at the intervention level and support towards fixing them.
Project Management & Mentoring:
- Design and execute intervention/strategy.
- Monitor and evaluate the impact of interventions,
- Participate actively in knowledge sharing and transferring with their teams to develop individuals
- Digital Product Design (UI/UX preference)
- Define personas, and users' journeys, understand pain points and find opportunities.
- Engage in Usability, accessibility, information architecture
- Formulate attractive products to garner the audience
- Adaptability, grit and resilience
- Innovative & problem solving
- Curiosity and the will to continuously learn
- Compassion with the process, towards people & self Knowledge
- Intermediate excel skills
- Understanding of the education ecosystem in India
- Have knowledge of working with and designing UI/UX interference
- Minimum four years, including two years experience in developing products for the education sector
- Salary and benefits
- Compensation will be between Rs 7,50,000 - Rs 9,50,000 based on the experience of the candidate and will include the following perks:
- Monthly reimbursements for phone and internet bills
- Inclusive and diverse teams
- Great Place To Work Certified
- Dedicate sum to avail health insurance and pro-bono therapist on board
- Period and Well-being leaves
Note: Preference will be given to those from minority communities, including women, trans and non-binary people from Muslim and other religious minority communities.