HR Consultant at Subir Sinha HR & Corporate Advisory
Views:5414 Applications:1248 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:149
Product Manager - eCommerce - IIT/IIM/ISB/NIIT (1-5 yrs)
Client is a marketplace that connects customers with retailers of locally popular products (e.g Chickpet Sarees, Nagarathpet Jewellery, Commercial Street Fashion Accessories, HSR Home Decor Items etc.) through video/chat. Client owns the end to end customer journey from retailer discovery to product selection and home delivery. So far, client has 50 retailers onboarded in HSR Layout and we launched the beta version of our app on play store in November. Client is currently fine tuning the app based on initial customer feedback, and full-fledged customer acquisition will begin from the end of this week.
About the role
- The Product Manager will work as a part of the R&D department. The product manager is expected to come up with new product ideas and own the product from zero to one (idea to market launch). The product manager will be given true ownership over the product they handle.
The key responsibilities of the role will be as follows:
1. Understand industry trends. Identify and prioritize new business opportunities
2. Come up with high level product product strategy that aligns with company vision
3. Identify the key personas for the product and validate the personas with market research
4. Use tools like Balsamiq/Figma to create wireframes and mock screens for all user flows
5. Plan the Minimum Viable Product to be built to validate the product solution
6. Create detailed user stories for MVP, clearly capturing business requirements for the engineering team
7. Lead sprint planning in consultation with engineering head
8. Work closely with the engineering team to define testing strategy: type of business test cases and typical user patterns
1. Document process flows for use by engineering team, business development team and customers
2. Do a soft launch in Google Beta program and test the initial response from customers
3. Collaborate with the business development team to execute pre-launch marketing activities
1. Track adoption of new features and monitor reviews in the Google play store.
2. Suggest new features to the product based on usage patterns and customer feedback.
1. 1-3 years of experience in product management, preferably in consumer facing products.
2. Obsessed with customer experience, has done market research and user research on the field
3. Ability to work in a highly dynamic environment. Your performance will be measured based on outcomes achieved.
4. Ability to simply complex problems and approach the solutions from first principles.
5. Capable of coming up with hypothesis to improve the products and quickly design experiments to validate the hypothesis
6. Has technical knowledge of mobile app development and knowledge of databases
7. Engineer and MBA combination from IIT/IIM/ISB/NIIT with 1 - 3 years experience in Startup will be preferred.
8. Immediate joiners preferred.