Product Manager - D2C Skincare Business (5-7 yrs)
Our client is India's fastest growing beauty brand that leverages cosmetic technology with an in-depth understanding of the needs of Indian skin to create dermat certified natural and organic skin care products. The packaging is recyclable and eco friendly thereby minimising the carbon footprint.
Backed by an established conglomerate and founded in 2022 by a successful entrepreneur who carries many years of experience in this field, this Mumbai based company is associated with a very well-known Bollywood actress. The products are sold through its own website as well as popular ecommerce portals.
As a Product Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing end to end commercialization process of all new products, limited editions, and promotional programs to support brand growth. You will also need to build strong cross-functional relationships with Product Development, Purchasing, Finance, and Creative team to bring products to market through a fast-paced go-to-market process.
What you will do:
- Leading the new product development process for all products for a designated category brand from concept generation to execution, ensuring timing, quantity and KPI targets are achieved
- Leading all project meetings and coordinating the seamless integration between all Operational, R&D, Creative, Marketing & Sales processes and functions involved in developing and launching new products
- Creating Product Concept Decks to align the internal team on Spearhead market, competitive, scientific & industry research relevant to the development process
- Being responsible for the creation of lab briefs and clear communication to suppliers on all details relating to the final concept
- Consistently challenging and reducing the development lead times by ensuring appropriately balanced risks are built into the original time plans
- Troubleshooting and improving efficiencies through proactive recommendations for workflow improvements
- Organizing and conducting internal and external testing panels to capture feedback for development and launch consideration
- Advising on Packaging Direction as it relates to compatibility/ functionality Hard and Soft Product Claims on Secondary Packaging Partner with the Director on formula approval/ shade matching and evaluating lab samples and giving direction as needed
- Being responsible for monitoring the total COG vs. budget through the product life cycle
- Domestic and international travel as needed
What you need to have:
- 5+ years of beauty product development experience
- 2 + years colour cosmetic development experience
- Skincare product development a plus
- Ability to identify refined formulas and textures
- Strong project management skills
- A proactive approach to problem-solving
- A passion and curiosity for beauty
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills
- Ability to collaborate with team and cross-functional partners
- Eagerness to learn
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.