CEO at Consult ShekharPandey
Views:402 Applications:116 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:1
Product Head - Digital & Technology - Insurance (10-20 yrs)
Job description :
- Seeking a Digital Platform Product Head from Insurance Industry and with strong Solutions Delivery Experience.
- You would be a Computer Science Engineer from IIT/NIT/IIIT or equivalent overseas University and would have build from Scratch a consumer Internet Product
- This may be an opportunity for you to build a Unique Digital Product for Insurance Industry
- Oracle Experience Preferred
- Our Client is setting up a new line of business in the consumer space marketing insurance solutions (voluntary benefits) to employees of corporate clients and to corporate clients providing solutions for their employees and customers.
- This is a new line of business and is heavily dependent on technology solutions for delivery.
- Currently, Our Client works with external vendors to develop and maintain solutions required by the business. However, given the demands of the Consumer Business in terms of speed and customization it is not feasible to work with an external vendor for the same.
- Our Client is setting up its own development team to meet the technology requirements of this new business. Our Client is looking for a dynamic Solution Delivery Leader to lead this team and work closely with business to deliver solutions within budgets and in the timeframe required.
1. Understanding of the business's goals and objectives with the ability to convert these into meaningful solutions in the shortest possible time and within budgets.
2. Strategic thinking and creation of delivery strategies and roadmaps that successfully support the Business Strategy and build a framework approach to all development build to allow modular development that can be deployed multiple times.
3. Lead a team of developers to ensure in-budget and timely delivery of solutions.
4. Work with the regional and global development teams to ensure learning across geographies.
5. Ensure adherence to our Client's standards of information security.
6. Manage multiple projects concurrently: provides work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans and status reports on a regular basis
7. Develops business case and facilitates the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables.
8. Leads the planning and implementation of business perspective work using agile methodologies
9. Tracks project actual, budget and forecast figures, and ensures that resources are fully allocated across different projects.
10. Mentor project team members on best practices, including solution delivery and IT framework. Directs and assigns work activities and priorities.
11. Manages the scope change process: identifies and anticipates risks and issues, facilitate resolution, mitigation, and appropriate escalation
12. Manages the project delivery process to ensure a successful implementation including on time, on budget and to a high level of client satisfaction
13. Ensures clear on-boarding and support procedures are handed over to Support team
14. Support our Client's internal and external audits
15. Follow-ups to ensure commitments are kept and project benefit realized
16. Negotiate resource requirements with responsible management when faced with conflicts in priorities
17. Provide technical guidance, mentorship and feedback to direct reports
18. Conduct status meetings, set quarterly goals, scheduled reviews and feedback to team
- 2-10 reports (direct & indirect)
- Multiple projects management
- Regional interface basis expansion of India term Technical Skills
- Demonstrated experience in application development
- Experience developing multi-tier Internet/Intranet applications
- Knowledge of Service-Oriented Architectures (SOA) a plus
- Experience with Oracle a plus
- Experience with XML, Web Services
- May need working knowledge of database design.
General Skills Prior Experience :
- Minimum 12 years- experience in information technology.
- 8+ years team leadership experience required
- Project Management experience is a must
- Stakeholder management and proven ability to gain consensus