Senior Associate at Ikya Global
Views:1695 Applications:98 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:28
Procurement Manager - Government Sector - Contractual Role (5-10 yrs)
Recruiting for : Bihar Vikas Mission, Government of Bihar.
The contract period of employment shall be for 11 months with Govt. of Bihar and can be Renewed/Extended.
Gross Salary per month : Rs. 84,750 /-
Work Location: Patna, Bihar
(Applications will be received from 27th Nov 2018 till 21st Dec 2018)
Note:-Only eligible candidates will be considered for further evaluation.
Position Name: - Procurement Manager
Reports to: - General Manager- Legal & Procurement
- PG Diploma (2 years full time) or Master's degree (full time) in Business Administration / Management
- Minimum 5 years of post-qualification experience in procurement and / or operations and / or supply chain management domain
- Less than 40 years of age as on 1st January 2019
- Experience in a procurement role in a private organization and / or multinational corporation.
- Experience of working with state / central government organisations / bilateral / multilateral organizations (e.g. World bank, DFID, UNDP, ADB) in procurement / purchasing role.
- PG Diploma (2 years full time) or Master's degree (full time) in Business Administration / Management from any of the institutes as published under the National Institutional Ranking Framework- issued by MHRD and / or QS World University Rankings, as updated from time to time.
- Procurement and / or contracting certification from World Bank or Asian Development Bank or other similar bodies.
- Age limit for SC / ST (Male/Female) domicile / resident of Bihar - 45 years.
- Age limit for BC / EBC (Male/Female) domicile / resident of Bihar - 43 years.
- Age limit for General (Female) domicile / resident of Bihar - 43 years.
- NIRF discipline wise rankings will be considered wherever available (like engineering, management and pharmacy in current rankings); for degrees not covered by the NIRF discipline rankings, NIRF Colleges or Universities or Overall Rankings will be considered
- Contribute to the development of overall procurement plan by providing inputs and information for own area
Requirements Gathering & Tendering
- Liaise with the relevant internal stakeholders to understand and analyze requirements (including technical specifications) for procurement of material items and services, provide suggestions and finalize.
- Prepare RFPs and tender documents for vendor selection for procurement of material items and services and seek approval of superior, ensuring that the identified requirements are accurately captured and the documents adhere to the established guidelines and procedures
- Lead / participate in negotiations with external parties (contractors, vendors etc.) concerning price, quality and delivery conditions for material items and services, providing inputs and ensuring favourable terms and conditions for the State departments
- Draft and finalize contracts and agreements in coordination with relevant internal parties (like Legal, Finance etc.) in line with the defined requirements and negotiated terms and conditions, within own area.
- Monitor and manage changes / additions required in own contracts and agreements by liaising with the concerned vendor and seeking guidance of superior where necessary
- Maintain relationships with vendors and provide the required support to vendors for carrying out the assigned procurement activities.
- Monitor performance of vendors and third-party service providers within own area and highlight in case of sub-optimal performance
- Ensure compliance of procurement activities with the established internal and external regulations, standards and procedures.
- Good commercial knowledge and awareness of procurement best practices
- Good e-procurement knowledge