Senior Consultant (Leadership Hiring) at Randstad India Pvt. Ltd.
Views:357 Applications:57 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Procurement Manager - FMCG (6-12 yrs)
This role will develop, lead, and execute procurement long/short term strategies across multiple categories of spend, tap the best deals, and find more profitable suppliers. Focus on procurement at the best total cost of ownership, driving quality through sustainability, forecast driven supply coverage, strategic partnership for supply risk mitigation, category strategies and customer satisfaction.
Accountable for sourcing suppliers, purchasing of equipment, goods and services, raw materials, packaging materials, consumables, and managing vendors. Crafting negotiation strategies and using expertise in closing deals with optimal terms. Lead the sourcing projects based on category strategy and proactively maintain positive relationships with suppliers/vendors/manufacturers. Closely work with all cross functional teams to provide requirements and deliverables to ensure business requirements, policies and standards are being met.
Key Responsibilities (not limited to)
1. Ensures SAFETY First - To ensure adherence to all safety and compliance policies/procedures/systems of the company - (C.A.R.E - Commit, Access, Recognize, Encourage) program.
2. To commit, comply, support the Company's Sustainability Strategy and work towards achieving the sustainability targets of the company.
3. Develop and implement purchasing and contract management policies, procedures, budgets, and best practices.
4. To monitor ongoing compliance with purchasing policies and procedures.
5. Manage the development of category strategies including spend analysis/mapping, external market analysis, vendor management and establishing a multi-year project portfolio.
6. To direct procurement policies to ensure all items are purchased and delivered within budget and time constraints.
7. Identifies, evaluates, and capitalizes on opportunities to reduce purchasing costs by improving the company's buying patterns and supply channels.
8. Ensure that all procured raw materials, capital items, packing materials, consumables, etc meet the required quality standards and specifications as per customer demand in a manner that will optimize financial return to brands and minimize overall Supply Chain costs.
9. To lead sourcing projects including RFI, RFP, RFQ and contract development.
10. Define and communicate inventory strategy and buffer stock norms for major RM and PM considering lead time and shelf life.
11. Ensures effective demand driven inventory management and to manage optimum level of inventory requirements keeping in mind the demand driven replenishment.
12. Directs and defines shipping requirements as per company requirements.
13. Ensure timely placement of purchase orders & review purchase orders for proper authorization and compliance with the policy and procedures.
14. Ensure forecast and procurement process to determine appropriate quantities to meet the demand and inventory position.
15. To develop and manage procurement annual budgets and forecasts. To manage, analyze, track, mapping and control spends across categories, build a culture of long-term savings on procurement costs and to reduce purchase variances to meet profitability.
16. Direct continuous improvement of purchasing processes in line with changing company needs and market conditions.
17. Analyze market and delivery systems to assess present and future material availability.
18. Collaborate and work closely with all vendors, supply chain and finance teams to ensure proper timelines are met for all new product launches and bring cost efficiency for overall procurement function.
19. Work closely with marketing function for the development of packaging & other material for existing and new SKU's.
20. Monitor and forecast price and market trends to identify changes of balance in buyer-supplier power.
21. Ensure to track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
22. Ensures to assess, manage, and mitigate risks relating to quality, cost, delivery, supply of purchases, etc.
23. Responsible to develop and implement the scrap sale management processes (non-moving RM & PM).
24. Ensure to identify, source, and manage new suppliers and vendors related to raw materials, packaging items, etc through supplier selection process based on expertise, price, quality, support, capacity, delivery timeline, and reliability.
25. To develop and establish pool of approved suppliers/vendors and continuously maintain/update the database.
26. To develop and maintain strategic relationships with key suppliers and vendors to prioritize and deliver on portfolio projects.
27. To develop, negotiate, renegotiate (expiring contracts/agreements), and administer purchasing agreements and contracts with suppliers in sync with company requirements and formulating policies with suppliers.
28. To Manage complete contract life cycle including rate analysis, contracts writing, monitoring post-contract management, managing changes, closing/renewal, and terminations.
29. Ensures to evaluate and monitor contracts/AMCs/agreements to ensure compliance with legal requirements and company policies. Also, to oversee supplier compliance with internal quality standards and external regulations.
30. To introduce the performance improvement measures for suppliers and vendors to determine vendor effectiveness via supplier development process. Measure and manage the vendor/supplier cost, quality, and delivery performance & service.
31. Work in collaboration with the HR, Admin, and all other departments for sourcing (negotiate & contract) from empaneled vendors/contractors to provide services as per requirements of the company.
32. Assist & Support R&D and Culinary Team in the development of new ingredients/materials suppliers.
33. Conduct quality audits/evaluation in sync with Quality Team and ensure to address, resolve, and troubleshoot cost, quality, delivery and rejection related disputes/concerns or claims.
34. Ensures timely payments wherever applicable, reconciliation and resolves in case of any disputes related to service or payments.
35. Manage the procurement team resources, ensuring the correct provision of training, coaching and leadership.
36. Ensure & evaluate the performance & performance appraisals as per policy. Ensure the team achieves the targets against their set Goals.
37. Sets example and always communicates openly with team about performance out-put, recognizing achievements/ appreciations, resolve workplace issues and motivates the team.
38. Uphold respectful workplace policies and enforce workplace rules.
RECORD KEEPING & GENERAL DUTIES:
39. Ensures & is responsible for all supplier database, purchase records/documents are maintained & updated regularly.
40. Ensures to present regular reports/presentations on procurement commitments, costs, and delivery performance.
41. To lead & conduct the meetings and attend the various other meetings as required.
42. To be capable & to participate as a principal auditee during the audits by the company, government authorities & third parties.
Additional Knowledge & Skills
1. Extensive experience in procurement role and working in business or functional unit supported by the category.
2. Experience in sourcing and vendor management.
3. Thorough knowledge of inventory and supply chain management.
4. Knowledge of strategic cost management.
5. Experience in FMCG, the Food industry. Also, good experience in commodity buying handled a large portfolio of food and packaging categories.
6. Working knowledge of all laws and regulations relating to procurement and contracts.
7. To lead, manage, schedule, train, and motivate the team.
8. Knowledge of ERP system preferably SAP shall be preferable.
9. Must be proficient in use of computer & in various applications like MS office, etc
1. Integrity - maintains high level of confidentiality and transparent and focused reporting.
2. Leadership, Collaborative, Customer Focused, Agile, Accountable and Excellent Communication skills.
3. Excellent negotiation skills, Proactive, Flexible, and tactful.
4. Excellent Interpersonal Skills Team Player & can handle conflict. Must be able to work well with internal & external stakeholders.
5. Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
6. Excellent planner, decision maker, coordinator, and strategic & operational planner.
7. Good time management skills, can work under pressure and must be capable of setting priorities and multitask.
8. Must be able to analyze the situation & accordingly take prompt decision - in case of critical situation & emergencies.