Procurement Analyst/Specialist - BPO (7-9 yrs)
The Procurement Specialist role is responsible for leading and procuring a wide range of supplies, materials and services in a service oriented, yet authoritative and professional manner, consistent with existing purchasing and other contracts, cost containment goals, and continuous quality improvements. Daily transactions include order entry, placement, handling approvals, confirmation and expediting, setting up vendors in ERP system NetSuite and being the accounts payable interface for invoice resolution.
This position is created for local sourcing opportunities in India and surroundings. The Procurement specialist will work with internal teams and management along with field personnel to ensure awareness of the internal needs and keeping the internal teams up to speed on the procurement principles, contracts, and processes.
This position will report to the Head of Procurement and will spend a substantial amount of time working with various data, systems, local vendors, and station personnel as it related to processes and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Executing the procurement process to ensure on-time, cost-optimized, efficient delivery of goods, services and components as per identified demands and requirements.
- Managing purchase order processes and ensuring delivery reliability
- Preparation and issuing of purchase orders, using available ERP/IT-systems and processes; responsibility for issuing change orders (if required)
- Solicits bids, analyzes quotations received and selects recommended suppliers.
- Acts as liaison with vendors and internal customers.
- Receives and evaluates bids from various suppliers.
- Prepares purchase recommendations with complete commercial evaluations.
- Confers with suppliers to obtain product or service information.
- Prepares purchase orders or bid requests.
- Coordinates with Project Lead or Station Manager for the expediting and delivery of goods to to the stations.
- Receive questions from end-users via telephone calls, emails, and in person visits and routes these requests accordingly.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
- Requires a self-motivated, independent thinker who has ability to be a part of a team and demonstrates organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills, particularly the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and industry professionals.
- Data analysis and mining skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- 7+ years in the Procurement environments, Aviation is a plus.
- Ability to use standard office equipment.
- Experience with Oracle NetSuite or similar ERP software
- Thorough working knowledge of all Microsoft Office Software (Access, Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Must be able to travel on occasion.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Bachelor' s Degree or Strong Relative Professional Experience
- Experience with CapEx purchasing.
- Experience in purchasing Ground