Founder & CEO at The Recruiters
Views:481 Applications:78 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:72
Process Engineer - Oil & Gas Sector (6-11 yrs)
REPORTS TO: Operations Manager
Responsible for the process design, operation and implementation and be able to improve operations of regas processes to maintain efficiency, reduce cost, improve sustainability and maximize profitability
- Annual budget: not directly responsible but is responsible for controlling a major expense
- Staff (direct reports): Nil
- Others (eg. Net proceeds, project cost, procurement spend, value of products, throughput etc): Will be required to execute to execute project lend with budget upto 1-2 million USD.
- Ensure the commissioning and startup procedures are developed within the technical design boundaries
- Review all procedures related to startup and normal operations.
- Custodian for all process changes proposed.
- Participate in all test runs and gather data, analyze, interpret and report results
- Develop and be custodian of hydrocarbon accounting procedure of the terminal.
- Complete Process support to Plant Operations
- Develop best practices, routines and innovative solutions to improve production rates and quality of output
- Perform process simulations
- Manage cost and time constraints
- Perform risk assessments
- Provide process documentation and operating instructions
Key challenges associated with the job:
- Monitor operations parameter and efficiency and suggest improvements. Convince management about the improvement and get budget.
- Ensure plant change documentation are complete & PSSR points closed.
- Working with SGSI & Other technical consultants and finalize scope and resource requirement. Hydrocarbon accounting and efficiency monitoring.
Job Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Specify the educational background, qualification(s) and experience which would typically be required to perform your job fully and effectively
- Minimum requirement will be a bachelor's degree in chemical engineering. Should have minimum 06 years experience as a technical support engineer in any oil, gas or petrochemical operating unit.
- Hands on experience in a hydrocarbon facility for 1-2 years will be advantageous.
- Demonstrable experience & knowledge in conceptual design major & minor modifications of operating facilities is essential.
- Must possess knowledge to study designs in discussion with cross functional subjects like electrical, instrumentation & Asset Integrity.
- Exposure to aspects of typical process engineering unit operations, including pipeline hydraulics and flow assurance, process control is desirable.
- Experience on process design software like HYSIS, PROCIM etc will be desirable though not a must. Person having hands on experience in oil-gas or petrochemicals operation/ commissioning before working as a technical support engineer will be preferred. The person should have good knowledge of English and excellent communication skills.