Prione - Senior Associate - Business Development (3-4 yrs)
Senior Business Development Associate (Only for 2019 MBA batch)
Reporting Manager: Regional Manager
Prione Business Services Pvt. Ltd. (Prione) is a joint venture between Catamaran Ventures and Amazon. Prione was established in June 2014 to initiate and enable Small and Medium businesses (SMBs) to be successful in the e-commerce space. Prione has a strength of 500+ feet on the street team with a reach in 150+ cities in India. Prione's vision is to enable Indian SMBs and make them successful in the fast-growing digital economy by creation and upliftment of SMB capabilities. We offer services that enable SMBs to develop their business profitably using the power of the internet to reach their customers and to succeed in today's digital economy.
- As a Senior Business Development Associate with Prione Business Services Private Limited (A joint venture between Catamaran Ventures and Amazon) you will have the exciting opportunity to help shape Amazon's offerings in India; and new products that we launch.
- You will be the face of Amazon to retailers for the services which Amazon will offer. The role will require engaging retailers at all points of their life cycle. You will have to identify and recruit retailers that deliver competitive pricing and broad product selection on the platform, train sellers on Amazon systems helping them integrate with our product platform and analyze seller performance metrics to help them become successful on our platform.
- The ideal candidate will have sales experience, ability to work in an environment with minimal supervision, comfortable working across multiple complex functions and capability to influence external parties.
- The candidate should be comfortable interfacing with technology systems, training other stakeholders on systems and processes and be able to analyze data and gather actionable conclusions. Operating in a rapidly changing environment will require the candidate to be adept at dealing with ambiguous, new and challenging situations. The candidate will be comfortable in executing repeatable processes.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Product Strategy and Direction: Continually assess the needs of sellers, sales teams, market Understand products and services offered by Amazon Services and be able to articulate its functions and benefits to external audiences.
- Help define the seller base and industry verticals we target for various Amazon services using local knowledge
- The candidate will need to hunt, farm and retain (for upselling) clients across a region. To manage the account for a period of 60 days/2 months and suggest solutions to grow them
- Build relationships with CXO level executives, organizations and manage the decision making unit (DMU) effectively
- Might need to perform competitor & customer analysis to identify & explore new products to sell
- Optimize & track leads for conversions, monitor progress and work in tandem with the senior leadership across NSA & Prione
- Excellent communication, negotiation & influencing skills
- Acquire retailers with valuable selection and establish long-term partnerships.
- Own and manage integration of portfolio of sellers and help them become self-reliant through basic training.
- Track and monitor performance and sales of key partners to manage their performance.
Education : Bachelor's degree required, MBA preferred
- More than 3-4 years of experience in sales
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA is preferred
- Passion for e-commerce is required.
- Experience in an analytical, results-oriented environment with external customer interaction.
- Proven ability to manage the business by the numbers.
- Must be metrics-driven.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills and the ability to express thoughts logically and succinctly.
- Prior experience in influencing DMU will be useful in roles like solution/consultative selling
- Experience with e-commerce, retail, advertising, or media would be an advantage.
- Deep understanding of the retail and wholesale landscape in India with prior interactions with sellers and distributors is desirable.
- Experience selling nascent (embryonic/start-up) products/services into new markets is desired.
- Entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
For More details please visit