Prione - Regional Manager/Manager - Sales - SMBs (5-10 yrs)
About Prione :
- Prione Business Services Pvt. Ltd. (Prione) is a joint venture between Catamaran Ventures and Amazon. Prione was established in June 2014 to initiate and enable Small and Medium businesses (SMBs) to be successful in the e-commerce space.
- Prione has a strength of 500+ feet on the street team with a reach in 150+ cities in India. Prione's vision is to enable Indian SMBs and make them successful in the fast-growing digital economy by creation and upliftment of SMB capabilities. We offer services that enable SMBs to develop their business profitably using the power of the internet to reach their customers and to succeed in today's digital economy.
Job Purpose :
- We want to extend benefits of shipping services to SMBs for their own business to help them serve their customers better & in turn grow their business.
- This role will be responsible for kick-starting & setting up shipping business for Prione. We will start with small team, learn about the industry and then scale up the team at national level to acquire and account manage SMBs for shipping business.
- We are seeking a street-smart, result oriented candidate with sales & business development experience in shipping & logistics industry. Candidate should have experience of managing geographically distributed team of sales people.
- Candidate should be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities and changing landscapes.
- This means he/she should not only be able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up sleeves, dig in and get the job done. One should be collaborative, but equally data-driven and analytical. One should constantly strive to expand our understanding of the metrics and industry. Lastly, he/she should be able to communicate effectively at all levels in the organization, including senior management.
- To be successful in this role one needs to have superior business development skills and demonstrate bias for action, analytical ability and an eye for detail. Maturity, think big, high judgment, negotiation skills and ability to influence the leadership are essential to success in this role. This role provides opportunities to develop original ideas, approaches, and solutions in a competitive and ever-changing business climate.
Roles and Responsibilities :
- Responsible for onboarding & account managing SMBs for shipping services business across India through a team of sales associates, owning revenue targets & ensuring best-in-class SMB experience
- Work with leadership & stakeholders to design acquisition and account management strategy and execute it on ground with the help of team
- Decide the target customers, build mechanisms to generate and qualify leads
- Design and evolve pitching strategy with the objective of getting higher conversion through a team of sales associates
- Decide execution plan for pricing strategy, design methodology to ensure profitability through right pricing & train the teams for negotiating the pricing with the clients
- Get on the ground with the team to meet & convert potential big accounts/clients and train the teams to improve sales and negotiation skills
- Regularly meet existing accounts validating our service levels, develop new revenue streams and target to increase business
- Set-up processes to ensure timely billing and collection from the new & existing customers
- Monitor sales revenue from new & existing accounts & take corrective steps to achieve goals
- Ensure best-in-class client experience by training teams, building processes and ensuring service levels through operations team
- Hire, train & develop a strong team of associates ensuring engagement, motivation and growth across all team members