Prione - Senior Product Manager - IIM/FMS/MDI/XLRI/ISB (4-8 yrs)
Are you customer obsessed, smart & analytical, strategic yet execution focused, hungry & passionate about e-commerce and an experienced entrepreneurial leader with a strong work ethic? If yes, this opportunity will appeal to you.
Prione Business Services Private Limited is a joint venture between Catamaran Ventures and Amazon, based out of Bangalore and was established in June 2014. Catamaran Ventures is a proprietary, sector-agnostic, family office that invests in inspirational early stage and growing companies in India and overseas. Prione's vision is to enable small and medium businesses (SMBs) in the fast growing digital economy by creation and upliftment of SMB capabilities. Through innovative tools and training mechanisms, we upskill SMBs enabling them to use the fast growing digital space to grow their business. At Prione, you will be part of an entrepreneurial team determined to take ecommerce to every small and medium business in India. We are in a start-up mode and are very passionate about our vision!
Position Description: Senior Product Manager
LOCATION Bangalore, India
REPORTEES : None
REPORTING TO : CEO
Summary of Role and Responsibilities
Prione's Business Development function is invested in enabling SMBs online across the country by offering support and solutions across New Seller Acquisition (Seller enablement), UpSell (supporting existing Sellers onto advanced e-commerce solutions) and Account Management - AM (enabling selected Sellers towards better success). This team works in collaboration with Product Development teams across the globe to influence product roadmaps and features required for smoother and faster enablement of Sellers and their success.
Prione is looking for an experienced Product Manager (PM) to define and drive the Business Development team's vision and roadmap. In this highly visible role, co-located with our Sales & AM Leadership team, you will work with business and technology teams across the organization to define best-in-class capabilities to drive up productivity and efficiency of the Sales teams. You will also look at the features necessary to provide required support to Sellers with the vision to make them completely hands-off any manual efforts and focus on their business (online channel). Our ideal candidate will have deep a) product management experience and b) e-commerce technology expertise and c) e-Commerce market knowledge, and a demonstrated ability to define business requirements and drive technical projects to completion.
The Product Manager will work at both the strategic level (generating new ideas) and the tactical level (managing roadmaps, writing business requirements and analyzing data). The PM will partner with operations, technology teams, and business development teams to work on Sales strategy, Product strategy and Roadmap & Product execution. The PM will have to show hustle, take ownership and help foster a high-energy, high-performance culture.
Role Responsibilities -
- Product Strategy and Direction: Continually assess the needs of sellers, sales teams, market trends, competitive opportunities and threats in defining and evolving the product strategy in your area of product ownership.
- Roadmap Planning: Manage a cross-functional process for prioritizing/planning the roadmap and releases.
- Requirements Definition: Develop comprehensive product plans, incorporating market requirements and the competitive arena. Produce high quality BRD's and effectively prioritize and manage the scope of each product launch to deliver key capabilities on time and on budget. Work closely with Legal and Tax on regulations and compliance requirements to eliminate adoption bottlenecks - for internal teams and Sellers.
- Product Roll-out: Create and execute go-to-market plans for new features. Monitor key performance metrics to ensure product performance and identify optimization opportunities. Partner closely with the Sale and Business Development leader to drive adoption and ensure processes for on boarding that are easy and intuitive.
- Seller Success: Drive product innovation to improve self-service capabilities for Sellers to achieve and grow online sales success. Drive innovations to all elements of the seller experience to improve their business results post implementation.
- Own and drive the - start with the customer and work backwards- strategy, tenets and long-term goals
- Exhibit product expertise that connects, understands, and leverages company-wide assets and capabilities
- Own the success of product development process
- Evaluate launch outcomes and reintegrate learning into the organization and product plan
- Coordinate internal user forums to collect and identify feature-level development opportunities
- Lead product launches into other channels, markets or geographies with direction from senior leadership
- Identify feature risks from customer feedback and in-depth analysis of operational performance; share results with senior leadership in a scalable and a periodic manner
- Demonstrate understanding of performance and leadership bar and effectively apply it to hiring decisions
- Provide input into resource planning discussions
Knowledge & Skills/ Business Acumen/ Education & Experience
- 2+ years of Product Management or equivalent experience delivering software or online products to market.
- 2+ years of experience working directly with technical teams.
- M.B.A. from top tier B-school preferred; Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business, or a related field.
- Proven track record of translating customer needs into business/product requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to operate both strategically and tactically in a high-energy, fast-paced environment to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to justify requirements, features and drive management of product.
- Ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, schedule tradeoffs and opportunistic new ideas with technical employees.
- Comfort rolling up sleeves to perform quantitative analysis and reach sound conclusions.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with the ability to create compelling positioning/messaging strategy and present complex information clearly and concisely.
- Collaborative working style. Must work well in a team environment.