Senior Recruitment Consultant at Right Advisors Pvt. Ltd.
Views:90 Applications:16 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:4
Principal Software Engineer - Medical Devices (14-22 yrs)
Careers that Change Lives
- Principal Data Software Engineer in the Cardiac Rhythm Disease Management (CRDM) R&D
- Software Organization developing software supporting companies implantable cardiac devices. The individual will operate in all phases and contribute to all activities of the software development process. Candidates must be willing to work in a fast paced, multi-tasking, team environment.
- A Day in the Life Design, Develop and test Software high integrity software for class II and III medical devices.
- Learn and understand software standards for Medical devices, ex. IEC62304.
- Define and implement software requirements and designs and review software developed by other team members.
- Contributes and applies advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts to solve complex technical problems.
- Participate in process improvement initiatives for the software team. This includes recognizing areas for improvement as well as working with others to develop and document process improvements.
- Demonstrate ownership of software feature/module and drive development of the feature/module through SDLC.
- Provide hands-on leadership, coaching, mentoring, and software engineering best practices to junior software engineers.
- Develop reusable patterns and encourage innovation that will increase team velocity.
- Work under general direction and collaboratively with internal and external partners.
- Continuously keep updated with latest technology trends and channel that learning to companies Product development
- Experience in software design for medical devices.
- Hands on experience in developing implantable System Software components related to data acquisition, Real Time Data processing and data presentation.
- Experience in defining control system state machine for processing real time data and synchronizing real time data across different inputs.
- Applying industry standard best practices to develop system software complying to security requirements to ensure patient privacy and safety.
- Experience in developing Firmware and Device Drivers for embedded peripherals.
- Experience in developing simulators for simulating implantable device behavior through design patterns and architecture patterns.
- Hands on experience in Blue Tooth enabled device communication.
- Hands on experience in SVG Graphic based development.
- Hands on experience in Mobile Operating System apps development targeted at Class III Medical Systems.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience with configuration management tools
- Proficiency working in a team environment
- Demonstrated skills in writing engineering documents (specifications, project plans, etc)
- B.E/BTech.in Computer Science Engineering and 14+ years of experience (or ME/MTech incomputers science and 12+ years)
- Strong programming skills in C#, .NET AND/OR C/C++Strong knowledge of software design,development, debug and test practices
- Apply best practices to develop software that's driven by test first approach.
- Create automation protocols to test complex software stack for behavior and coverage.
- Provide design guidance for designing Networking Services (Web Services, SOAP and REST services) for communicating over TCP / UDP between Tablet and external Servers.
- Perform thorough analysis and synthesis of data at hand to apply relevant software engineering algorithms to provide best user experience for real time data representation.
- Should be able to design systems that comply to object oriented design patterns for scalability and extensibility.
- Should be able to analyze system requirements, map them to sub system requirements , create design and design artifacts using UML diagrams, provide traceability into
- Should be able to understand Operating System thread priorities, thread scheduling concepts and apply those concepts to realize efficient and optimal flow of data through the system for real time data processing.
- Apply software engineering principles for requirement analysis, requirement prioritization, life cycle models such as waterfall, Agile.
- Should be able to understand Web Based applications design , remote procedure calls and distributed computing and apply those concepts to Product development.
- Should be able to understand concepts of relational data base management, normalization of tables, and design well normalized data base tables.
- Should be able to understand Socket communication and design/development of applications involving socket communication across process boundaries.
- Should be able to perform build system management through thorough understanding of compiler optimization, compiler design.
- Principal Working Relationship
- Reports to the Engineering Manager
- The Senior Software Engineer frequently interacts with Product Owner, Tech Lead, other developers, V&V engineers, internal partners and stakeholders concerning estimations, design, implementation or requirement clarifications, works closely with global sites.
Nice to Haves:
- 5+ years of experience in software design for medical devices
- Strong Leadership skills and mentoring capabilities
- Experience in mobile software development, ex. iOS, Android
- Experience in Microsoft Visual Studio development platforms/TFS/tools
- Experience in Open Source development platform/tools, ex. Eclipse
- Effectively communicate and operate within a cross-functional work environment. (Mechanical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Firmware Development, Software
- Development, Test Development, Manufacturing)
- Experience leading a software development team