Talent Acquisition at Third Sector Partners
Views:192 Applications:36 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Principal - School (12-15 yrs)
Over the last 18 years, EuroKids International has played an active role in the evolution of the education landscape with its portfolio of brands committed to delivering a robust foundation for future generations. By enhancing its pedagogy and consistently building a holistic, nurturing and secure learning environment for children, EuroKids Group is coming closer to its vision of delivering the best in education. Having bagged over 50 prestigious awards in the education segment EuroKids Group is constantly REINVENTING EDUCATION in the country
Reason for hire:
- EuroSchool is looking to hire a dynamic individual, with experience and strengths in school management. The preferred individual would be a visionary who is passionate about education and academics. The person must have a strong desire to make EuroSchool an institution of excellence and academic brilliance in the coming years. He/she should have the ability to work closely with the Promoters and Business Head to facilitate implementation of the educational strategy developed for the school and provide leadership in order to achieve or exceed the school's objectives aligned with their vision, mission & core values.
- The Principal would be expected to create a culture of excellence amongst the school leadership team, teacher, parents and students. Also, the Principal is expected to work closely with the Corporate office on various financial, administrative and operational matters and oversee all aspects of the running of the school including achievement of all school revenue and profit targets. The individual chosen for this position would have multiple opportunities for personal and professional growth within the group.TING EDUCATION in the country.
Roles & Responsibilities:
School Plans & Budgets :
- Develop annual operational plans and budgets for the school in order to realize the long term strategy
- Ensure that the school is optimally staffed to deliver school objectives of revenue and profit and improve school standards.
- Be responsible for proper utilization of the Pupils Fund.
- Takes all decisions within the - Power of Expenditure- .
- Provide professional leadership in terms of curriculum development, classroom delivery and teacher development in order to deliver consistently high standards of education.
- Be the ex-officio Secretary of the School Managing Committee.
Academic Performance Measurement :
- Put in systems in place for the scrutiny of pupil's written work and home assignment and ensure that the assessment and corrections are carried out timely and effectively.
Pastoral Care :
- Create and foster a culture of pastoral care at every level with respect to teachers and students and promote responsible stewardship in order to ensure that the education objectives are delivered and the morale of the school community is maintained to expected standards.
- Promote the physical wellbeing of the pupil, ensure high standard of cleanliness and health habits, and arrange periodical medical examinations of the students.
- Ensuring safety and security of the students
School Procedure and Processes :
- Share the responsibility for the proper maintenance of accounts of the school, school records, service books of teachers, and such other registers, returns and statistics as may be specified by the Society/Board along with the Corporate Finance Team.
- Implement Academic and Operational policies in school.
- Establish education and administration procedures and processes in order to operationalize the school strategy and plans effectively and efficiently.
- Devote around 6 periods in a week for the teaching of the pupils.
Relationship Management with Corporate Headquarters :
- Maintain a close working relationship with corporate headquarters and coordinate with them for centralized functions
- Drawing up on leadership training for teachers & self in consultation with corporate
- Strategize with corporate headquarters on actions related to growth and development of school and be responsible for rolling out of strategy
Relationship Management with Other Stakeholders :
- Establish and maintain good customer relationships between a) Students and teachers b) Parents and teachers and c) the school and the community and other agencies in order to widen the education horizons of students, build good community relations and favourably project the image of the school.
- Handle official correspondence relating to the school and furnish, within the specified dates, the returns and information required by the State Government/Board.
Resource Management :
- Effectively utilize and manage all resources including staff, equipment and infrastructure in order to run a cost- effective unit.
- Ensure the maintenance of stock registers neatly and accurately.
Human Resource Development :
- Ensure that school is staffed with high calibre professionals who are motivated, trained, developed, engaged and retained to deliver the School Education objectives.
- Participate in the selection of teaching, administrative and support staff for the school and organize appropriate induction and training to enhance the effectiveness of their outputs.
- Ensure effective organization structure should be in place for effective communication and clear & accountable leadership structure and succession planning at all levels
- Ensure that well developed performance management systems are properly implemented within the school to track the performance of teachers, administrative and support staff in order to maintain and enhance expected achievement standards of school performance.
School Administration :
- Liaison and build working relationships with Corporate Teams for effective exchange of views and alignment to Corporate Systems & Policies
- Overlook all support facilities like transport, health services, maintenance of equipment and infrastructure in order to ensure an efficient and well run school.
- Coordinate with Corporate Procurement/Operations team to make purchases of stores and other materials required for the school in accordance with the rules governing such purchases Make satisfactory arrangements for the supply of good drinking water and provide other facilities for the pupils and staff and ensure that the school building, its fixtures and furniture, office equipment, lavatories, play grounds, school garden and other properties are properly and carefully maintained.
Feedback to Parents and Students :
- Provide parents with timely feedback about the academic and general progress of their wards, to ensure the student's growth and progress in the school.
- Organize regular parent-teacher interactions
- Provide all students with feedback about their strengths and performance improvement needs so that they can monitor their own progress. Maintain appropriate records for this purpose.
School Information System :
- Ensure that all vital information about the school and academic achievements are captured and reported to corporate office so that timely and appropriate management decisions can be taken.
Safety & Harassment :
- Prevention and control of sexual or any other harassment within the school.
- Ensure health and safety of the children in the school.
The roles and responsibilities outlined above are not meant to be an exhaustive list of tasks. Flexibility is required and the incumbent is expected to carry out any other related duties that are necessary for the optimum functioning of the charity as a whole within the employee's skills and abilities whenever a need is pointed out, becomes apparent or as reasonably instructed.
- A Post Graduate with B.Ed. from well recognized institutes.
- 12-15 years of teaching experience of which at least 5-7 years should have been in a senior administrative leadership role. Experience as a Founder-Principal preferred.
- Prior exposure of working with CBSE board. Exposure to international education i.e. IGCSE/IB Board. Professional network into international school will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrated excellence in stakeholder management with strong people management skill - Parent handling & staff management.
- Strong communication, organizing and planning skills
Third Sector Partners, a leading senior management and board search firm in the Not for Profit sector has been retained for this position. Interested candidates can send in their CVs along with three references and a cover note, Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted