Manager - Recruitment at Strategic Alliance Management Services
Views:31 Applications:3 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Principal Research Associate - Buildings & Communities - NGO (8-14 yrs)
1. POSITION(S) VACANT: Principal Research Associate- Buildings and Cooling, Alliance for an Energy Efficient Economy, New Delhi.
2. ORGANIZATION BACKGROUND:
Incorporated in 2008, the Alliance for an Energy Efficient Economy (AEEE) is an industry led, membership based Indian non-profit organisation, that drives energy efficiency markets and policies in India.
AEEE is the only organisation in India that works on creating awareness about energy efficiency as a resource. The organization aims to transform India into a global leader in energy efficiency, by reducing the country's energy intensity. AEEE is working towards making India a globally competitive and environmentally sustainable economy and one of the most attractive markets for companies, with the best available energy-efficient technologies. The organization also provides a convening platform for Government and Industry to engage in a constructive dialogue to design and implement effective and impactful policies.
Over the years, major foundations, as well as bilateral and multilateral agencies, have helped AEEE grow, as well as undertake projects in the area of energy efficiency policy advocacy and business enablement, with emphasis on knowledge products and the creation of more effective and credible platforms.
For more information about the organisation, please visit www.aeee.in/
3. JOB DESCRIPTION/RESPONSIBILITIES:
AEEE is looking for a self-motivated, passionate, and collaborative professional with a problem-solving and growth mindset for the position of Principal Research Associate - Buildings & Communities. The candidate will manage the Space Cooling related portfolio of work to ensure excellence in outputs and strengthen AEEEs leadership in building energy efficiency, thermal comfort, energy-efficient and low-climate impact cooling for buildings and cities.
The incumbent will manage policy and research programmes and projects in areas including, but not limited to, thermal comfort, building energy efficiency, passive design, low climate-impact cooling solutions, district cooling, net-zero energy buildings and grid-interactive buildings.
(A) Technical Leadership: Applying subject-matter expertise, industry acumen and critical thinking towards the following:
(1) Extensive and deep knowledge of building science and energy efficiency with a proven ability to apply domain knowledge in identifying eco-system gaps, solving problems leading to significant impact;
(2) Ability to grasp the potential of emerging concepts like IoT technologies for better monitoring and controls, digital twins, remote fault diagnostics, etc. to help craft next generation policies that will combine energy efficiency, security and computational analytics and visualisations;
(3) Demonstrate superior first-principle based analytical thinking, emotional intelligence and problem-solving skills (go beyond the plain-vanilla energy audit, building energy modelling, green building certification skills) to frame issues in the proper context, and identify opportunities to produce practical and scalable solutions;
(4) Demonstrate natural curiosity and a desire to acquire and upgrade the latest and relevant policy and technical knowledge and business intelligence in her/his domain by staying up to speed with the research and policy developments, industry and market trends;
(5) Grow and amplify AEEE's portfolio through compelling proposals, concept notes and thought leadership activities;
(6) Proven experience and ability to review policies and propose amendments to furtherance the agenda of energy efficiency and climate change in the built environment;
(7) Demonstrate excellent stakeholder management skills, aptitude and perseverance to work closely with key ministries and attached departments at the centre and state level;
(8) Demonstrated ability to analyse emerging technologies and work with technology entrepreneurs, investors and financiers, private sector players to help design an ecosystem in the cooling, refrigeration, building and energy management space;
(9) Excellent written, visual and oral communication skills, with the ability to analyze and organize vast information (technical or non-technical) into compelling knowledge products and persuasive narratives for influencing meaningful change.
(B) Team Management: Cultivating a high-performance team and culture of collaboration, including the following:
(1) Strategically guide teams, and AEEEs growth, with focused actions and activities that can differentiate AEEE and deliver world-class products (research papers, reports or services);
(2) Nurture team members create opportunities for them, cultivate strengths through positive reinforcement, and address weaknesses constructively while instilling AEEEs RISE values;
(3) Lead by example, setting high standards for efficient project execution and excellence in deliverables/ outcomes;
(4) Demonstrate initiative to work effectively and independently with little guidance and sound discernment to make independent decisions where appropriate and seek support;
(5) Assist in talent recognition, recruitment and retention, and mentor/build a mid-level and junior resources team;
(6) Support senior leadership as needed through meaningful inputs for the growth of the organization;
(7) Contribute to raising AEEEs profile by impactful participation in domain-area forums and communicating clear and persuasive messages to external stakeholders.
4. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES:
(1) Bachelors degree in Architecture/Mechanical/Electrical, Architectural Engineering or related discipline and;
(2) Post graduate degree in M.Tech./ M.Arch./ MS in Building Science or Sustainable Design from reputed institutions in India or overseas;
(3) Applicants with Ph.D. degree will be preferred.
(1) At least eight years of work experience in national/ international organisations, companies, government agencies, with a demonstrated track record of successful engagement and management of complex projects in the field of energy-efficient buildings and cooling;
(2) Minimum five years of professional experience in policy research and/or building energy efficiency policy implementation;
(3) Experience and knowledge of building performance simulation tools, data analysis tools will be a distinctive advantage.
Skills and Competencies:
(1) Sound knowledge of the building energy efficiency and cooling related policy and regulatory framework in India and internationally:
(2) Sound understanding and comprehension of ongoing initiatives on cooling from organizations such as GIZ, World Bank, International Energy Agency (IEA), SE4all, United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP), Cool coalition, United Nations Development Programme (UNDP);
(3) Working knowledge of policies and programmes such as National Action Plan on Climate Change (NAPCC), National Mission on Himalayan Studies (NMHS), India Cooling Action Plan (ICAP), Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna (PMAY), Energy Conservation Building Code (ECBC), Eco Niwas Samhita (ENS), ASHRAE 90.1 and green building rating systems;
(4) Ability to grasp the potential of emerging concepts like IoT technologies for better monitoring and controls, digital twins, remote fault diagnostics, etc. to help craft next generation policies that will combine energy efficiency, security and computational analytics and visualisations;
(5) Open-minded, humble, flexible, and team player with a can-do attitude;
(6) Ability to think critically and ask relevant and probing questions;
(7) Well demonstrated and proven communication skills (e.g. writing, presentation and visualization). Applicant must have strong ability to articulate, comprehend and synthesize technical information for people of different background (e.g., Policy, research, private sector);
(8) High degree of proficiency with spreadsheets, word processing, and presentation software;
(9) Proficiency in big data analytics using Python, R, or Stata will be a big plus
5. COMPENSATION OFFERED:
Gross compensation budgeted for the position is attractive. The offer made to the selected candidate shall be commensurate with qualifications, experience, and salary history.
6. LOCATION: New Delhi
7. REFERENCE: PRA-BAC-AEEE
8. CONTACT INFORMATION:
Strategic Alliance Management Services P Ltd.
1/1B, Choudhary Hetram House, Bharat Nagar
New Friends Colony, New Delhi 110 025
Phone Nos.: 011- 2684 2162; 4165 3612
9. APPLICATION PROCESS:
Eligible candidates interested in this position are requested to apply to https://recruitment.samshrm.com/JOBS/AEEE , by or before June 21, 2021