Principal Research Analyst - KPO (8-14 yrs)
The Principal Research Analyst - Retail SME/ Travel & Hospitality SME/ BPO SME/ Healthcare SME/ Banking SME will own provider lens benchmarks and buyer type reports. The candidate is expected to own service lines or technology topics such as applications, infrastructure, datacenter - private cloud, public cloud services and go deeper in developing expertise in that area. The candidate is expected to work on creating research reports providing vendor comparison, service provider profiles, competitive landscape and market trends. The analyst will also support ad hoc inquiries, research projects, and tracks all inquiries.
The successful candidate will have significant ITO or BPO research experience, knowledge about outsourcing industry, strong English writing and speaking skills, extensive experience in performing secondary research, and exceptional organizational skills. Knowledge on quantitative research, familiarity with primary research technique and exposure to financial analysis is a must.
- Responsible for creating the research report end-to-end - to run an entire research cycle from questionnaires to creating the end research report
- To read and develop expertise specific to the designated area of technology or service line
- To create questionnaires relevant to the research topic
- Develop and hone relationship with service providers/ vendors/ internal advisors
- Work on engagements focused on service providers that include Service provider profile preparation, researching technology and outsourcing trends etc.
- Data analysis and charting
- Deliver on ad-hoc requests related to market, competitive intelligence & location analysis
- Author various research reports on relevant topics
- Work with junior analysts and data analysts, mentor them and bring them up to speed
- Ability and responsible meet the deadlines and deliver results with minimum supervision.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to juggle multiple projects with aggressive deadlines
- 8-14 years of experience preferably in the area of outsourcing, Technology and IT. Preferred areas include applications, infrastructure, datacenter - private cloud, public cloud services
- Strong understanding of technology
- Experience working on databases like Hoovers, Factiva etc.
- The ability to extract meaningful information and formulate a point of view based on interviewing internal and external experts, analyzing available data and filling gaps with secondary research
- Ability to analyze quantitative and/or qualitative data to identify relevant findings.
- Exceptional writing, communication and presentation skills.
- Advanced Excel skills and power-point skills
- Must be highly skilled in time management to facilitate involvement in multiple projects.
- Must have excellent teamwork skills as well as be self-directed. Must have the ability to work independently and manage communications with senior executives.
- The ability to work a flexible schedule, collaborating with both US and European regions. Might occasionally require long work hours.
Education level and experience:
- Graduation/ Engineering from good institutes preferably with MBA.
- Overall good academic track-record