Principal Financial Services - Solution Lead - Cyber Threat (8-10 yrs)
Key Responsibilities :
- Keep abreast of Cyber Threat Advisories on global threats and critical vulnerabilities; Recommend actions to be taken based on the customer environment
- Evaluate and prioritize Rapid7 Nexpose Scan results.
- Setup the Rapid7 Nexpose Vulnerability Scanner.
- Analyze and audit servers, workstations, and applications for security control gaps or vulnerabilities.
- Analyze publicly disclosed vulnerabilities of vendor software/hardware products and develop the mitigation/remediation orders
- Compile monthly, quarterly and annual vulnerability metrics associated with affected and non- compliant assets
- Work with Operations, IT Services, and consultant teams to prioritize and remediate vulnerability results. Assist with exceptions processing.
- Verify remediation using various tools and the Rapid7 vulnerability management tools.
- Analyze and audit servers to check for configuration vulnerabilities.
- Provide recommendations and assist in the remediation and hardening of workstations and servers.
- Document any processes and procedures to ensure compliance and quality of Information Security Vulnerability Management workflows.
- Supports governance based on best practices and ensures proper alignment to projects and major initiatives
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
- Proactively take indicators from current threat landscape and use for threat hunting and/or control or detection recommendations
Required Skills :
- Hands-on experience in Rapid 7 Nexpose.
- Familiarity with DoE & NIST security requirements
- Knowledge of secure network architectures, cloud security, DNS, and infrastructure security devices
- Broad background in the following areas: computer / OS security, network security, hardware security, cloud security.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively analyze and solve complex problems.
- Excellent communication skills including both verbal and written
- Share knowledge of duties with fellow employees. Train/mentor fellow employees
- Demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively, within the team and across multiple teams.
- Very strong detail orientation. Ability to maintain focus
- Excellent organizational and time management skills; Prioritization and deadlines
- Ability to function effectively and professionally in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multitask, managing multiple projects/priorities daily
- Work and communicate effectively with others.
Education : Graduate from any stream preferably Computer Science or Engineering