Talent Acquisition Leader at Principal Global Services
Views:401 Applications:9 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:8
Principal Financial Services - Senior Consultant - Ethnographer (12-14 yrs)
- Principal, Pune is seeking a creative and experienced ethnographer or human centered researcher to join our team.
- The successful candidate will conduct innovative and rigorous research and analysis to support business deliveries.
- The candidate will be adept at telling a thoughtful and meaningful story that responds to the client's research questions and is supported by robust analysis.
- The analyst will have experience designing and conducting qualitative fieldwork including ethnographic observation; in-depth interviews; groups interviews; message and concept testing; participatory design and co-creative research; and immersions.
- The analyst will identify and clearly communicate research insights and findings in the data to inform program messaging, processes, behaviors, and improvement opportunities.
- The candidate will be able to translate complex social science and behavioral research concepts and findings into specific and actionable recommendations on program strategy, design, and communication.
- Work closely with the User Experience (Digital) team members to analyze user behavior and user journey maps to increase website and mobile app usage or reduce drop out.
- To visit Principal offices or any other location as instructed, to investigate, analyze as required by the study.
The Analyst Is Responsible For
- Designing, executing, and reporting on qualitative field studies, including ethnographic and in-depth interviews, usability testing, participatory design and co-creative research, and context-based immersions. The candidate will have experience designing discussion guides and screeners, including sampling recommendations; managing recruitment; and conducting research in field.
- Designing, executing, and reporting on survey-based and secondary research, including text analysis of survey data, social listening and web scraping, secondary literature reviews and meta-analysis of previous research.
- Data analysis including unstructured data from in-depth interviews and groups, immersions, ethnographic observations, along with open-ended survey data.
- Having the ability to tell the story of research data to effectively interpret and convey the key customer insights and take-aways from various research activities in a way that is actionable and relative to a general, less technical audience. This includes the ability to contribute to high-quality reports, graphics, and presentations on findings.
- Clear written and verbal communication to the project manager while driving work forward independently. Communications include frequent project updates, weekly priorities, identification of items that need deeper discussion, etc.
- Desired Background: Masters or doctoral degree in relevant area of study such as anthropology, sociology, political science, environmental science, psychology, or policy.
- 7+ years of interdisciplinary research experience with a focus on qualitative and human-centered techniques in retail/consumer space
- Demonstrated experience in qualitative research methods including interviewing, ethnographic research, surveys, group interviews, usability testing
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, demonstrating clarity and conciseness
- A clear history of working on multiple tasks/ projects within established timelines
- Tireless attention to detail in all prior experience (academic and professional)
- A history of successful, creative problem-solving
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize effectively in the face of multiple and shifting priorities, with the ability to switch between complex analytical thinking and attending to mundane tasks without compromising quality or losing one's focus
- Demonstrated independent decision-making experience with solid judgment
- Prior consulting-type experience working autonomously and driving one's own success
- Industry experience in utilities, policy, energy efficiency, and/or energy program design and planning
- A history of self-education on issues outside the immediate scope of prior work
- Experience in virtual or online research and platforms for interactive research online.