Principal Financial Services - Delivery Manager - Engineering (12-14 yrs)
Delivery Manager - Engineering
Job Description :
Position Purpose :
- Plan, manage and deliver projects/initiatives as per business objectives. Lead 1-2 software engineering teams, from a perspective of technology and business domain to deliver & drive value across the portfolio (Investment Management).
- Help advance maturity across teams in terms of engineering best practices, automation & process improvement initiatives & building self-empowered teams.
- Strong Engineering mindset & Ability and willingness to work in a fast-paced, agile environment.
Essential Functions :
Delivery Management :
1. Planning and estimation, scheduling, task allocation, monitoring & control, reviews
2. Provide domain and technical leadership, Knowledge Management
3. Relationship Management and Partner Satisfaction,
Process improvement & adherence :
4. Establish and continually improve project management and execution processes including Risk Management,
Communication,defect management & prevention :
5. Status reporting, metrics generation & analysis
People Management :
6. Staffing, onboarding, Skill building, Back-up Planning
7. Employee Satisfaction
8. Mentoring team members
9. Handling appraisals and feedback
Contribution to organizational activities : Contribute to organizational initiatives and activities that would benefit from knowledge/skills possessed by the individual as well as help the individual grow in terms of area of influence & potential partnership needed beyond the business unit.
Detailed Roles & Responsibilities :
- Plan, Manage and provide technical leadership to Software Engineering teams. Should be a working leader with good hands-on technology (preferably Cloud/ Data/ Java)
- Build engineering culture principles within the team. Demonstrate complete understanding & ownership of the product & solution.
- Manage the daily activities of Agile Scrum teams. Perform resource allocations and workload assignments according to delivery requirements.
- Effective stakeholder management (across business & IT counterparts), ability to influence will be critical.
- Acquire good BU domain knowledge and facilitate the growth of domain knowledge (Investment
- Build a culture of innovation and enable the team to build future ready skills to drive efficiencies across teams.
- Conducts skills assessments, training, and initiatives to develop competencies.
- Advance adoption of execution best practices (e.g. AWS Cloud, DevOps, Agile, Lean etc.)
- Ability to work on cross-functional teams and collaborate with both IT and non-IT partners
- Evaluate the performance of team members and determine training needs.
- Develop process improvements to achieve cost effectiveness and time saving
- Risk management & mitigation plans
- Status reporting, track project milestones, metrics generation, trends & analysis
- Research new IT developments. Stay current and engaged on industry trends. Consult with business partners on future technical trends/directions to meet business strategy initiatives.
- Will usually have 8-20 direct reports and will be responsible for their personnel management
- Can handle projects where various types of skill sets (technology) is used as well as distributed teams.
Reporting Relationship :
This position reports to : Program Manager
Direct Reports : Software Engineers and Trainees
Know-How/Skill Sets :
Education : Graduate Bachelors degree (any stream) .
- 11+ years of IT application development experience with 3+ years as Project lead/Assistant Project Manager is recommended.
- Experience is not a constraint for the right candidate.
- Proven experience as an IT professional. Ability to obtain certification(s) in an IT related field is a plus.
- Basic knowledge of financial services products preferred.
- Advanced planning, organizational, problem-solving, analytical, decision-making and communication skills required.
- Proficiency with database applications, knowledge of programming languages (Java/Python), cloud
computing, DevOps, modern engineering techniques is desired.
- Strong leadership and presentation skills required.
- Must have the desire to learn new technology and continuously grow.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, excellent people management skills, strong risk management skills is required
- Excellent planning, organizational, problem-solving, analytical, decision-making and communication skills required.