Principal Engineer - Data Engineering - Pharmaceutical/Healthcare (15-18 yrs)
Industry - Healthcare / Medical / Hospital
Category - IT & Systems
Job Type - Permanent
Description - The Principal Engineer will have responsibility for the product domains within Data Analytics and Reporting, which is primarily aligned to the RD BioStatistics Function. This role contributes to the construction of the development data fabric and data strategy.
Our client is one of the world's largest research-based pharmaceutical companies that that discovers, develops, manufactures and markets human health products. It is a science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose to improve the quality of human life by helping people do more, feel better, live longer.
The Principal Engineering role will provide the candidate the opportunity to lead key activities to progress their career. These responsibilities include the following:
- The continuous delivery of technology solutions from product roadmaps adopting agile and dev ops principles
- Ensures that technical delivery is fully compliant with the organisation's Security, Quality and Regulatory standards and maintains a strong collaborative relationship with Quality assurance groups; supports business owners in internal and external audits
- Ensures use of relevant R&D Tech / central services and collaborating with service partners in identification and delivery of service improvements
- Proactively develops and delivers continuous improvement/simplification of Product portfolio to enhance user productivity, increase system reliability and reduce the total cost of ownership
- Drives experiments and innovation with a focus on supporting seamless flow of data and driving automation (using new tools and technologies, such as AI/ML/NLP) and Data Analytics
- Ensures the team keeps relevant technical documentation up to date in support of the lifecycle plan for audits/reviews.
- Provides leadership, technical direction and expertise to product teams composed of FTEs, strategic partners and software vendors (Indirect management of 20+ 3rd party resources)
- Contributes to release planning and roadmaps working closely with Product Owners, Product Director and Enterprise Architect
- 15-18 Years of experience with atleast 5 years in Data Engineering domain. Proficient in Azure Cloud Tech Stack, Kafka and Python/Java with relevant experience in all the following competencies:
- Veeva Vault or Azure Platform with outline understanding of configuration and data model
- Development and technical architecture design using APIs, Java Development
- Agile, DevOps & Automation [of testing, build, deployment, CI/CD, etc.]
- Data science (e.g. AI/ML), data analytics & data quality/integrity
- Testing strategies & frameworks
- Hands-on Technology (coding)
- Worked in most of the technologies required for Data fabric (kafka, any cloud, open source programming live, java, python , spark etc.)
- Worked on scaling applications from KB to Peta without compromising the performance and data governance.
- Well informed or explore alternate technologies which we could consider beyond our data fabric eco systems.
- Metrics driven unbiased technology stack selection challenging the vendors and external product owners.
- Maps the business requirement to the technology team
- Represents the technology challenges to the business and come out with optimal process changes for effective operational excellence.
- Aligned to agile principles.
- Has certification on cloud or other data fabric technologies.
- Experience in developing Proof-Of-Concept
Opportunity to work with one of the world's largest Healthcare Reserach and Manufacturing company, on cutting edge technolgy and complex projects to impact the lives of billions. If you're passionate about using innovative technologies to enable process transformation in a large global organisation and can work with business and tech teams to rapidly deliver high quality tangible improvements, then we'd like to hear from you.
Contact - Ayan Khastgir - +91 124 452 5459
The Apply Button will redirect you to website. Please apply there as well.