Director - Product at Precision Agriculture for Development
Views:2874 Applications:102 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:94
Precision Agriculture for Development - Project Manager (3-7 yrs)
Precision Agriculture for Development, Inc. (PAD) seeks a Project Manager to support PAD research, operations, and scale-up activities by overseeing projects across geographies in India and Bangladesh, in collaboration with state governments, social enterprises, and other key partner organizations. PAD was established with a keen eye towards rigorous evaluation and constant experimentation.
PAD is a US-based non-profit organization with a mission to support smallholder farmers in developing countries by providing customized agricultural information and services that increase productivity, profitability, and environmental sustainability. PAD is pioneering a model for agricultural extension: delivering farmers personalized agricultural advice via their mobile phones. PAD implements this model in collaboration with partner organizations and gathers evidence on its impact. PAD aims to improve the lives of 100 million farmers in developing countries with its services.
The Project Manager will be responsible for the following main tasks:
- Actively engage and supervise the implementation of various projects, including developing work plans and tracking progress, designing and launching new services to farmers, implementing improvements to existing systems, managing focus group discussions and other data collection activities, supporting research activities, and writing reports;
- Work closely with PAD team members and our partner organizations to launch new projects;
- Participate in developing project proposals;
- Maintain excellent relationship and communication with our partners to ensure the success of our projects;
- Support the dissemination of project results via presentations and reports;
- Support planning and hiring of required team for different projects
- Manage 3-4 staff members; and
- Manage project budgets and timelines.
Qualifications and experience :
- A master's degree in business, management, economics, public policy, or a related field
- At least 3 years experience managing projects preferably in the developing world
- Experience of managing a diverse team
- Strong writing and oral communication skills in English
- Experience speaking and giving presentations in public
- Ability to manage multiple projects and stakeholders
- Strong understanding of data analytics and statistics / econometric
- Willingness and ability to work under tight timelines, and willingness to travel to project areas and internationally
- Ability to work independently and with minimum supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to lead the team of diverse professionals
- Experience and ability to work in multicultural settings
- Experience in smallholder agriculture and the developing world
- Familiarity with impact evaluation method
- Consulting or other private sector experience
- Fluency in at least one Indian language (Hindi, Gujarati, Oriya, Kannada, Bengali, etc.)
Compensation: We offer highly competitive compensation based on skills & experience.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.