Manager-Sourcing at Ad Astra Consultants
Views:1089 Applications:106 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:36
Practice Manager/Head - Document Review (12-20 yrs)
Legal Practice Manager/Head - Document Review
- The Practice Manager/Head is responsible for running, managing and scaling the eDiscovery Data Management practice while coordinating and aligning the teams and processes for consistent Global service delivery.
- This person will advise functional teams on how to optimally align features and workflows within the context of case-specific constraints and establish best practices to achieve the desired outcomes.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities:
- Enhancing the DR practice value proposition to provide an end-to-end solution to identified and new target segments and industries
- Identify gaps in the current proposition and build a plan to build capabilities in DR and related services like DSAR, Data Breach, Cyber Incident Response.
- Develop the DR capabilities for front end processing and project management
- Implement technology and tools to ensure agility, scalability, risk management, and reporting through technology partnerships and internal automations
- Building capabilities within the existing DR practice
- Lead the practice growth by building on existing relationships and establishing new Clients, demonstrating firm's technology, providing supporting documentation, including proposals and cost estimates, regarding our offerings
- Build solutions and provide requisite training for managing complex legal or regulatory investigations/multinational projects - guide case teams/ clients on best practices, educating and guiding them through the Document Review process and implement sound procedures and policies to ensure that they receive consistent and high-quality results.
- Increase revenue on current engagements by identifying opportunities to cross-sell services
- Delivery Management
- Develop solutions, strategies, and workflows to process data, with special considerations for the unique environment and project-specific complexities of an engagement
- Coordinate the deliveries with the functional team to achieve the agreed service level agreements with clients
- Troubleshoot document review software issues and coordinate custom development work, as necessary
- Mentor, lead, and delegate tasks to team members to support their training and professional development with the goal of creating team environment that offers challenging opportunities and support to all employees and is poised for continued expansion and success
- Work with business to develop project-specific skill standards
- Lead the culture of service excellence including active training, leadership development, and mentoring programs; ensuring readiness of industry required trained and certified resources.
- Focus on accelerating the development of team by achieving industry standard certifications.
Strategic Partner Management:
- Create technology partnerships with industry standard platforms for delivery of DR services
- Define and achieve service levels with the partners
- Liaison with the identified partners to ensure smooth delivery
- Work closely with partners to build the required solutions for the end customer
- Ensuring compliance with all laws and regulations that apply to the business, including adherence to:
- Information security and GDPR requirements
- Federal Rule of Civil Procedures (FRCP)
- Related international laws
Financial Health of the Practice:
- P&L responsibility
- Analyse the operational ratios viz-a-viz the financial metrics and identify process improvement opportunities
- Undertake process automation and develop strategies to optimize cost and increase efficiencies
- Ensure that budgets and forecasts are aligned
Qualifications/Work Experience /Skills:
- Prefer candidates with onsite experience
- 12+-20 years of Document Review experience in a law firm or ALSP, including Electronic Discovery Reference Model, (EDRM), technology, global legal framework, and competitive landscape.
- Minimum experience of 6-8 years in managing Document Review operations, with a revenue of c. USD 2-3million and a team size of c. 100+ reviewers
- Understanding of the US and UK legal system
- Experience of setting/ scaling up a document review team in a fast-growing company, blending legal and regulatory contextual background, striving toward market leadership in an evolving marketplace.
- Have a successful track record of managing engagements of all sizes and durations
- Demonstrate business development acumen via networking and other business development activities, showcasing the ability to convert networking relationships to sales leads and ultimately, new revenue.
Deep understanding and working experience of:
- Review platforms (like Relativity, RelOne, iConect, Reveal ; Brainspace, SaaS based platforms, proprietary solutions) and integrated systems
- Frontend Document Review tools
- eDiscovery databases like SQL are preferred
- Experience of having led large multi-geography strategic partner contracts for technology products and DR services
- Must exhibit strong technical writing skills, maintain client confidentiality, ability to analyse information and communicate processes and excellent follow-up skills
Leadership Capabilities & Cultural Fit:
- Growth-mindset, sense of urgency, strong intellectual horsepower, a thorough and insightful problem solver with a can-do attitude
- Entrepreneurial spirit: the drive to build and grow a dynamic and vibrant business
- Is energized by operating in the "grey zone"; doesn't require a blueprint; quickly benchmarks and assimilates information to develop options/solutions in an agile manner
- Strong personal accountability, ownership mentality; digs in with urgency and an intention to solve problems; perseveres through challenges while thinking about impact on the business and the team
- Accountable, self-motivated, hands-on, dynamic, and passionate leader with humility