CEO at Consult Shekhar Pandey
Views:445 Applications:61 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:4
Practice Leader - Valuations - Insurance (10-15 yrs)
Business Title : Valuations Practice Leader, India
Location : Mumbai, India
Reports To : Matthew Bezuidenhout Valuation Services Practice Leader, IMEA
Department/Division : Marsh Advisory, Valuation Services Practice
Position Summary :
We are seeking a Senior Valuation Manager with the capability to establish, develop and lead Marshs Valuations Practice in India, with the support of the existing Advisory and Brokerage businesses in India.
We have a strong focus on valuation of Property, Plant & Equipment for insurance and financial reporting purposes, with no reliance on bank panels or mortgage valuations. This role would suit a driven, growth-focused individual with strong valuation expertise, who is looking for an opportunity to build a new business and team, whilst being involved in, and driving all functions, end-to-end.
About Marsh :
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. Marsh helps clients succeed by defining, designing, and delivering innovative industry-specific solutions that help them effectively manage risk. Marshs approximately 30,000 colleagues work together to serve clients in more than 130 countries. Marsh is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), a global professional services firm offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy, and people. For more information see www.marsh.com.
Key Responsibilities And Requirements Of The Role :
1. Establishing a book of business in India, with the support of our existing business segments, and externally, per business plan to be refined with in consultation with this appointee.
- Hiring and mentoring junior valuers. Providing skills transfer and overseeing consultants growth and career progression. Undertaking valuation projects with the support of the team throughout IMEA.
- Maintaining and enhancing internal processes and procedures.
2. Leading and delivering valuations and asset related projects.
- Providing sign-off on valuation outputs.
3. Developing new business and managing client and internal stakeholder relationships to enhance renewal business and source opportunities.
4. Enhance reporting and expand our current service offerings.
5. Must be residing in Mumbai.
- Local and international travel for projects, client commitments and strategic purposes.
- Ability to manage a team, project manage engagements and ensure client deadlines.
- Financial forecasting for non-financial managers capability.
Requirements/ Experience And Qualifications:
Education (degree / diploma) : College/university diploma or degree with valuations major.
- MRICS qualification required
- ASA qualification preferred
Experience : 10+ years valuation, or relevant experience
Knowledge and skills :
- Valuation for insurance, market value, fair value and other popular requirements.
- Management experience is required.
- Clear and concise oral and written communication skills.
- Comfortable and experienced working with technology (solutions).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Strong numerical skills
- Excellent organization skills - able to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills - able to work within a team.
- Networking skills
- A track record of business development.
- Strong problem solving capabilities
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.