Recruiter at PPFAS Mutual Fund
Views:447 Applications:91 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:73
PPFAS - Trustee Officer - Compliance (5-9 yrs)
We are looking to hire a Trustee Officer at our Office in Mumbai.
- To monitor activities of Mutual Fund
- To ensure rights and obligations of Trustees as per SEBI (MF) regulations are protected
- To prepare agenda, draft minutes, file-e forms, and actively comply with all the applicable laws of Companies Act for Trustee Company Qualification
We would prefer candidates from finance, compliance and secretarial function of Mutual Fund Industry, with strong financials and Analytical skills, eye to detailing, strong on SEBI regulations for Mutual Fund business.
Roles and Responsibilities:
1. To help/assist the Trustees in monitoring of the Rights and Obligations under Regulation 18(25) of the SEBI (MF) Regulations, 1996 which is as follows:
- The Trustees shall be discerning in the appointment of the directors on the Board of the asset management company.
- Trustees shall review the desirability or continuance of the asset management company if substantial irregularities are observed in any of the schemes and shall not allow the asset management company to float new schemes.
- The Trustee shall ensure that the trust property is properly protected, held and administered by proper persons and by a proper number of such persons.
- The Trustee shall ensure that all service providers are holding appropriate registrations from the Board or concerned regulatory authority.
- The Trustees shall arrange for test checks of service contracts.
- Trustees shall immediately report to the Board of any special developments in the mutual fund.
- Obtain internal audit reports at regular intervals from independent auditors appointed by the Trustees,
- Obtain compliance certificates at regular intervals from the asset management company, hold meeting of trustees more frequently,
- consider the reports of the independent auditor and compliance reports of asset management company at the meetings of trustees for appropriate action, maintain records of the decisions of the Trustees at their meetings and of the minutes of the meetings, prescribe and adhere to a code of ethics by the Trustees, asset management company and its personnel, communicate in writing to the asset management company of the deficiencies and checking on the rectification of deficiencies.
Qualification : Company Secretary, (Preferred - LLB)
Experience - 5 years ( role will be more into compliance and could also take up Secretarial Work related to Trustee Co)