Lead Recruiter at Poshmark
Views:307 Applications:78 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:51
Poshmark - Senior Data Scientist (4-7 yrs)
- Are you a Data Scientist who is passionate about using Machine Learning to create and deliver value using data? Poshmark is looking for a Senior Data Scientist who can independently drive Data Science initiatives. As a market leader in Social Commerce, Poshmark faces a unique opportunity to utilize our massive multi-platform social and commerce data to shape social commerce and create value for our users.
- With 400+ MM events per day and 30+ terabytes of exponentially growing data, Poshmark presents a unique opportunity to innovate cutting edge data science products. This person will work on all Data Science initiatives across product, marketing, Posh markets, operations and community and help solve some of the most challenging problems in social commerce like pricing, search ranking, product and people recommendation, fraud prevention and many more.
- Help develop vision, business case, modeling spec and operational project plans for end-to-end ML solution
- In partnership with data leaders and ML engineering team, lead hands-on development of data science/machine learning models for high business impact opportunities across all business areas
- Work on all stages of a data science / ML project - exploration and conceptualization, POC (proof of concept), data preparation, model development and testing, deployment, monitoring and debugging, continuous improvement
- Partner with product, data engineering and ML engineering teams to ensure seamless productionzation of developed algorithm and management of full model cycle for business application
- Follow best practices for developing, managing, maintaining and documenting machine learning models and all related work
- Develop a deep understanding of different business functions and core KPI to ensure that the data science solution fits the business need
- Define and abstract standard building blocks for usage across multiple ML algorithms. Lead productization, development and maintenance of these. For example, feature library, model testing automation, model validation and recommendation automation
- Innovate new solutions for unique challenges facing Poshmark. Publish academic papers, white papers, blog posts and present in leading conferences.
Qualifications and skills:
- 4+ years of hands-on experience in building scalable Machine Learning based solutions in a Big Data environment.
- Fluency in all steps of data science solution development cycle from business problem identification to business value delivery
- Ability to do insightful data analysis both pre and post ML model development to estimate impact, establish feasibility, understand model performance, validate hypothesis and answer questions from stakeholders
- Expert level hands-on / applied knowledge of key machine learning algorithms
- Ability to choose a technique based on the problem and the data, ability to debug and reason about why a model may not be working as expected
- Expert hands-on knowledge of Python and data science / ML packages
- Expert hands-on knowledge of SQL with the ability to write readable and efficient queries for complex data crunching
- Hands-on experience in using Spark (Scala or Pyspark) to process data at large scale
- Hands-on experience in using MS Excel to do quick exploratory data analysis using basic functions, pivot tables and charts
- Experience partnering with ML engineering teams in deploying ML models to production
- Strong business / product sense and excellent verbal and written communication skills for a variety of audiences: executive teams, product managers, engineers, and business leaders
- Excellent problem solving skills coupled with a passion to solve challenging problems using data science/ML with focus on delivering business value
- PhD or MS in a relevant quantitative field such as Statistics, Math, Computer Science is a huge plus
Poshmark is a leading social commerce platform for the next generation of retailers and shoppers. Through technology, our mission is to build the world's most connected shopping experience, while empowering people to build thriving retail businesses. Since launching in 2011, Poshmark has become a vibrant social shopping community with five million Seller Stylists helping 60 million users discover items they love from over 100 million listings. The company is backed by the world's leading investment firms including Mayfield, Menlo Ventures, GGV Capital, Temasek, Inventus Capital, Uncork Capital, Union Grove Venture Partners, Shea Ventures and AngelList. For more information, please visit www.poshmark.com, or find us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube.
At Poshmark, we- re constantly challenging the status quo and are looking for innovative and passionate people to help shape the future of Poshmark. We- re disrupting the industry by combining social connections with e-commerce through data-driven solutions and the latest technology to optimize our platform. We- re nothing without our amazing team who deliver an unparalleled social shopping experience to the millions of people we connect each day.
We built Poshmark around four core values:
1) focus on people to create empowered communities that drive success;
2) together we grow to support each other to strive for our dreams;
3) lead with love to foster genuine connections built upon a foundation of respect; and
4) embrace your weirdness to accept and empower one another on their own unique journey.
We're invested in our team and community, working together to build an entirely new way to shop. That way, when we win, we all win together. Come help us build the most connected shopping experience ever.
Here's what we'll set you up with:
- A team that is invested in your career growth and development
- Competitive salary
- Company sponsored insurance
- Smartphone reimbursement
- Work alongside world-class talent
- Flexible vacation / paid time off policy
- Parental leave
- Healthy and exciting catered lunches, snacks and beverages offered daily
- Personal style encouraged (or not, whatever you- re in to)
- Fun company happy hours, parties, and offsite events
Poshmark is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.