Managing Partner at Kairos Consulting India
Views:1145 Applications:99 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:59
Portfolio Manager - Wholesale Banking Group (6-10 yrs)
ient: A leading private bank
Position Title: Portfolio Manager (PM)
Business Group: Portfolio Management Group, Wholesale Banking Group
Reports to : Portfolio Manager - Portfolio Management Group
Location : Mumbai
Job Role and Responsibilities:
- Portfolio Analysis - APM is expected to analyze corporate portfolio allocated to him and generate reports/prepare presentations in the desired formats to ensure that risk calibrated return are improved.
- Credit Appraisal - APM is expected to understand the client's financials in detail and prepare quality appraisal note in collaboration with relationship teams.
- Implementation of special projects at portfolio level - To assist Portfolio Manager in execution of need based or special projects at overall WBG portfolio level including creation of program based sanction framework, assessing the impact of regulatory guidelines and taking adequate action etc.
- Monitoring assigned portfolio - To assist Portfolio Manager in monitoring the assigned portfolio based on inputs from internal teams and identity imminent issues/stress
- Execution of transactions - Assist Portfolio Manager in execution of selective transactions along with relationship team including engagement with client and internal groups
- Tracking key actionable for portfolio companies - Tracking key actionables/targets that are decided for portfolio companies during meetings with Business heads, Committee or monitoring forum directions.
- Understanding and analysis of financial statements including ratio analysis, valuation analysis and capability to prepare projected financials validating underlying assumptions
- Knowledge of banking products and RBI guidelines
- Excellent knowledge of MS - Excel, Powerpoint presentations etc.
- Passion (Constantly raises the bar for self & team, has a strong execution bias, takes initiatives even in the face of significant difficulties)
- Organization Capability (Builds structures, systems and processes to support strategy, focuses on productivity as a business lever, sets personal example in driving quality for achieving world class service delivery)
- Collaboration (Forges understanding with others and carries others along, considers impact on the organization, not just own targets/metrics, and acts accordingly)
- Managing Change (Challenges status quo, sets change agenda, constantly seeks new ways of doing things, invests in ideas to make them work, evaluates ideas on merit, not where they come from)
- Sensitivity (Stands by in the hour of need, listens sensitively to pick up cues, reassures through self disclosure)
Qualification & Experience :
- CA / MBA with 2-3 years of relevant experience.
- Candidates with equity research background would be preferable.