Consultant at Converse
Views:759 Applications:85 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:4
Portfolio Manager - Environmental & Social Responsibility Sector - South Asia Region (6-10 yrs)
The successful candidate will:
- Work with E&S team members in London to support due diligence in selected transactions;
- In collaboration with colleagues in the E&S team develop action plans and Investment Committee inputs as required;
- Work closely with commercial teams in S Asia to ensure they are fully able to articulate and support E&S requirements;
- Work with selected investees to improve their E&S systems, policies and procedures, including the monitoring of action plans where necessary; including working with E&S service providers for better implementation;
- Represent at external events, workshops and conferences in S Asia as required;
- Work with the London based E&S team on ad hoc projects such as case studies and - lessons learnt- analysis, analysis of trends in assessing development impact particularly with relation to E&S matters across the S Asia portfolio.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- As a member of the ES team based in India, providing support to the S Asia office and in delivering E&S requirements and adding value; The person will work closely with the ES team in London
- Supporting investees and clients (drawn principally from debt and equity portfolios, but potentially also fund managers and their investees) to implement better E&S practices and to deliver bigger E&S impact;
- Interacting with third parties in S Asia (DFID, E&S consultants, other development finance institutions NGO etc) to inform a wider community about work, and to leverage support and collaboration as appropriate;
- Meeting with companies, institutions and fund managers as well as visiting portfolio companies as part of due diligence and on-going portfolio monitoring;
- Supporting E&S training for internal investment teams and for Investees.
- Providing internal quality control, consistency reviews and implementation support to the investment team;
- Collecting E&S information as part of knowledge management system.
- Collate lessons learnt to provide with guidance on how to deliver bigger and more impactful change, and to develop case studies and guidance for and wider audiences;
- To specifically consider how to leverage and scale corporate priorities in gender/ WEE, climate and job quality;
- Monitor E&S action plans, provide input to quarterly reports, DevCo, shareholder meetings and other forums at which the E&S performance of the S Asia portfolio is being discussed.
The Candidate Background
- Advanced university degree (M.Sc. or equivalent) in a relevant discipline, preferably environmental or social development studies; development studies / development finance; or a similar area.
- At least six years- practical work experience (in consulting, corporate private equity or banking) in S Asia
- Candidate should be willing to travel often in the region (India, Bangladesh, Nepal, Myanmar, Sri Lanka and others as applicable)