Managing Director at Corporate Search & Placements Pvt. Ltd.
Views:1645 Applications:200 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:145
Portfolio Analyst - Commercial Banking (2-4 yrs)
We have been retained by our client, a well-established, professionally managed foreign bank to identify a Portfolio Analyst - Commercial Banking to be based at Delhi.
- To support the Commercial & Corporate Banking Lenders in financial monitoring and loan implementation.
- Compute accurate and consistent financial statements spreads, quarterly trend analyses, covenant tests, and collateral reviews in accordance with bank spreading standards and wholesale credit policies.
- Responsible for preparing and reviewing loan documents and ensuring the accurate set up of new loans on the servicing system, along with ongoing maintenance activities associated with large balance transactions.
- Maintain a compliance monitoring database that tracks credit approval requirements and receipt of customer's financial reporting requirements on behalf of the Portfolio Managers and/or Relationship Managers.
- Develop and prepare analytical reports for projects, and provide input for development and execution of business initiatives.
- Analyze existing portfolio operations processes for capability gaps or areas of improvement and recommending scalable solutions to improve efficiency and enhance controls.
- Maintain ongoing relationships with clients and coordinate with a variety of stakeholders and departments including Product, Marketing, Distribution and Risk & Compliance.
- Interact with Business, and Audit teams to facilitate streamlining the process, tightening of the scope, reducing TAT.
- Develop a robust and agile framework of reporting various scenarios of CB portfolio.
- Create framework for automation of information access.
- Produce and manage periodic and special department-wide reports as requested, ensuring that all reports are accurate and timely.
- To monitor client performance and conduct risk profile assessments.
- Perform annual reviews for existing clients which includes a thorough financial, cash flow, ratio and trend analysis based on updated financial information.
- Construct the line level portfolios for directly invested portfolio.
- Design customized solutions for the clients
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for report/analysis writing, client interaction, and methodology documentation.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Understanding of financial products and high level risk management principles.
- Strong perseverance and ability to engage with multiple stakeholder.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Good problem-solving skills
- Sound judgement and initiative.
- Work in partnership with colleagues.
- Self-motivated and proactive with ability to work in fast paced environment and under pressure.
- Ideal Candidates should be Chartered Accountants or MBAs from premier business schools with approximately 2 to 4 years relevant experience in the banking sector.