Assistant Manager at Porter
Views:4705 Applications:789 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:78
Porter.in - Deputy General Manager - Procurement (10-12 yrs)
Deputy General Manager
- Primarily responsible for financial prudence and optimization of procurement costs. Should ensure good governance practices in coordination with Sourcing teams. Identify cost saving opportunities and positively influence metrics.
- This role requires working on multiple projects under pressure. It involves empowering team members to take right commercial decisions by being their trusted business advisor. The ideal candidate will maneuver through ambiguity, communicate effectively and empathetically across teams and levels, while balancing the needs and requirements of stakeholders. Flexibility, pragmatism, and the ability to prioritize in a changing business environment is key.
What YOU will do
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams for identifying cost saving opportunities. Gather understanding of user department's procurement needs and patterns.
- Research on Best business practices in the industry for solving known issues.
- Research on prevailing pricing in the industry through active collaboration with other startups.
- Identify opportunities and drive negotiation initiatives with existing service providers for better commercials.
- Provide functional heads / other stakeholders with MIS on actual spend, discuss variances against the Budget and corrective measures.
- Supporting Annual Budget preparation activities and ensure timely submission of the Budget in the system
- Identify various metrics, work on attribution methods, appropriate cost and ratios, track and publish those ratios and costs on monthly basis. For eg: DAC/CAC, Tech cost/order etc.
- Identify common expenses incurred for all locations. Identify vendors with capability to provide services on a PAN India basis. Negotiate and achieve price reductions.
- Identify and create a pool of approved vendors for procurement and maintain relationships. Remove dependency on single vendor. (Vendor management / multiple quotes and negotiation)
- Interface with internal teams on Requirement Analysis and Category specific objectives (Hardware, Software, Telecom, IT services. Relevant experience in Servers, Datacenter Negotiations, Cloud deals)
- Collaborate with businesses on developing vendor performance metrics and Key Performance Indicators (KPI) for service partners. Co-ordinate periodic vendor reviews and publish vendor performance metrics.
- Build and Manage effective internal and external relationships within the Sourcing team, service partners and wider business.
- Good knowledge on Supplier relationship management (SRM).
- Be aware of global industry trends, market conditions, technological advancements and regulations related to the service categories.
Qualifications / Skills You will Need:
- Should be proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Should be a self-starter, empathetic, and a team player.
- Educational background in Costing or MBA in finance/ Business Relations
- Result oriented; likes to work in a pro-active manner.
- Minimum 10-12 years of relevant experience post-qualification. Expense reporting and analysis in medium to large sized technology startup companies.
- Proven skills in Vendor Profile Evaluation, Performance Assessment and Vendor Management.
- Experience in sourcing activities, procurement process and task management.
- Ability to network and form high-quality working relationships with clients and colleagues in multiple locations.
- Strong analytical and data management skills, ideally proven in a Sourcing and Procurement Operations context.
- Experience in managing the AI & ML platforms negotiations. Knowledge of various pricing and payment models.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams and businesses to drive the Service procurement requests to closure.
- Excellent diligence in contract management and adherence to compliance directives.
- Effective negotiation, communication and presentation skills
- A self-starter and require minimal supervision
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge of e-sourcing applications