HR at Policybazaar Insurance Brokers Pvt Ltd.
Views:1944 Applications:500 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:110
PolicyBazaar - Associate Product Manager (2-4 yrs)
About the job
PolicyBazaar.com is India's largest insurance marketplace and a leading fintech player globally. It has backing from a host of investors including the likes of Soft Bank, InfoEdge (Naukri.com), Temasek, Tiger Global Management, True North, Premji Invest. The portal started in 2008 with the purpose to educate people on insurance products and has had a significant influence on how insurance is bought in India. It has helped in driving penetration of pure life insurance, health insurance, and such products which were barely bought earlier.
Group Companies - Paisabazaar.com, QuickFixCars, Policybazaar.ae, Zphin
Visit policybazaar.com to know more about us.
Looking for a leader for our product and strategy function. It's a multifaceted role, where the ideal candidate should be able to drive product initiatives for our front end product, in an agile way so as to make the agents comfortable and efficient be it working from office or home, drive analytics powerhouse to deliver insights and strategy for changes and further growth in the respective function always championing customer needs.
Some of the key areas of initial responsibilities would be:
- Product Vision: work with technical leaders and product owners across the organization to define a product roadmap for the features and capabilities of our platform. helping define best practices and standards for shared components, functionality.
- Product Development: Smartly defining MVP and executing the release and testing MVP at a rapid pace; as a product owner, work with tech teams to develop, launch, optimize, product features; build desired product functionality and make real-time decisions to ensure that it's on track to meet business goals.
- User Focus: create solutions keeping user at the centre of everything, research what our users might want or need to ensure products are as helpful as possible by conducting discovery, qualitative research, and competitive analysis.
- Leadership: act as a leader to cross-functional, internal teams so that they are excited, motivated, and know what is expected; effectively evangelize the product vision with various stakeholders throughout the company, and prioritize and drive initiatives across multiple engineering teams. Build for the long term, and be the defender of sustainable architecture.
- Communication: document and communicate product requirements (user stories, briefs, designs, etc) that are clear, thorough, timely and convey the desired functional experience to all internal parties; be the product SME from a functional perspective, showcasing, championing, and finding ways to constantly innovate.
- Documentation: understand interfaces and services enough to write and improve documentation, and interpret and translate technical capabilities and constraints for non-technical stakeholders.
Preferred Qualifications for the role are:
- Engineering background with MBA
- Ability to manage a team of analysts and product managers and work closely with the engineering team.
- Thorough knowledge and working capability and excel, experience in scripting with SQL is a plus.
- Deep interest and aptitude in data, design, metrics, analysis and trends.
- Distinctive problem-solving skills.
- Capable of translating analysis results into product & business recommendations.
- Strong communication skills