Director at Edge India
Views:739 Applications:208 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:72
Policy Analyst - Research - Manufacturing/Technology (6-9 yrs)
Our client is a leading global provider of optical fibre being the only company in the world with unified silicon to software offerings. It is India's only integrated Optical Fibre producer and one of the largest suppliers of Optical Fibres to overseas markets in China, Europe and South East Asia. Their optical communication products have scaled significantly within a short span of time, having 216 patents to their credit.
The company is on an historic path of building the nation's super highways where its business of manufacturing, deploying and managing end to end of data networks aligns directly to the Govt's goal of expanding Digital India, Broadband for all, make in India, BharatNet, Smart Cities, etc
We are currently identifying experienced Industry Analysts who have a strong understanding of the manufacturing trade ICT industry. This role entails research and analysis, presentation, industry and policy positions, and outreach into the ministry and industry. The position is based at Gurgaon.
As an industry analyst, you will be required to:
- Conduct Secondary research and analysis and deliver key insights
- Interview senior executives and experts in search of industry-specific insights and recommendations for technology and policy
- Evaluate, analyze and structure information to conclude on valuable policy-shaping
- Develop industry presentations, positions, and talk points to shape the story/case that leads to governmental actions
- Present in simple and smart ways- (verbal and in written) complex ideas to senior executives.
- Build a collaborative network amongst peers and senior executives internally and in the industry
- Engage with Ministries (Commerce, DGFT, DGTR, DPIIT, MEITY) on data and representations
- You are an MBA, preferably with a background in Economics and 6-9 years of work experience.
- You should have experience in policy analysis, Industry analysis and secondary research, in the Telecom/ICT or electronics manufacturing industry. Experience in one of the analyst firms or with a telecom service provider would be an advantage.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office, especially Excel and Powerpoint is essential
- You should have excellent outreach and connect with relevant ministries and industry bodies.