Manager - Talent Acquisition at Directi
Views:923 Applications:185 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:125
Plutus - Director - Customer Service (10-15 yrs)
- Nearly 50% of banks do not upgrade old IT systems as soon as they should, and 43% of US banks still use COBOL, a programming language dating from 1959 ...and extra layers embedded on top of it are causing outage- - UK FCA in its annual report
In other words, banking systems are outdated and cannot be easily modernized.
Fintech have responded enthusiastically to address this problem and in India alone there are over 2,000 fintechs and neo banks currently. Each of them is looking to provide value-added services through a tech-driven approach. However, in each case, the fintech or neo bank partners with a licensed bank for core services like savings or loan accounts which are delivered through the same legacy systems and hence are constrained themselves.
Plutus is a strategic partnership between Zeta and India's largest private sector bank HDFC with the mission to build a digital bank completely from scratch. Plutus will serve the bank's 25 mn+ consumers and drive growth to double the base to 50 Mn+ in the next 5 years. To achieve this, we- ve reimagined banking completely from the ground up.
Plutus uses Zeta's Tachyon, a cloud-native, integrated modern core banking, processing and payments SaaS platform. Plutus is a digital led bank and payments offering initially targeted towards India's gen X, Y, Z and millennial audiences.
With a customer-first philosophy, fortnightly releases and a modern intuitive mobile app, we are building an experience that will revolutionize banking in India. Join us to re-define this age-old industry.
About the team
The Plutus core team is organized as a multi-functional lean team of A players from Product, Engineering, Marketing, Growth Hacking, Design and UX, supported by an exceptional Support and Operations team.
Reporting into the President, the Director - Customer Service will be responsible for setting up and leading the customer service and support function for Zeta's products and solutions amongst mid-sized and large sized issuer contracts.
The organization is therefore seeking a technology savvy, dynamic, hands-on Customer Service Head who has the ability to inspire the team, establish a best in class new age customer support team, while working closely with the product and integration teams.
Position Summary & key accountabilities:
The functional responsibilities will therefore encompass the following, but not be limited to:
- The incumbent will be required to establish the team and Manage omni channel contact center, which includes chat, tickets and voice
- The team will need to be scaled up in order to handle 10+ million customers; therefore, it is critical to have the right hierarchy in place for the team.
- The finalization of the required software, telephony and other systems required will be the responsibility of the incumbent.
- The role also involves setting up the SLA and measure relevant KPIs across all processes
- End to End customer service across customer lifecycle for Savings Accounts, Debit and Credit Card products, Payments, and Mobile Application including escalation & resolution of issues to operations, compliance and risk management
- The incumbent will need to work closely with the product and integration team in order to achieve the defined SLAs in response time, customer satisfaction across processes will be an important aspect of the role.
- Retention and renewals are an integral part of the role
- Setup and manage ongoing improvement of the internal and external Knowledge base
Year One Critical Success Factors
The Director - Customer Service will be a key member and strategic player in the organization; hence it is imperative that:
- (S)he quickly gains credibility in the leadership team.
- Establishes the required team an infrastructure with the first 6 months of joining the organization.
The ideal candidate will also be characterized by the following attributes:
- A dynamic leader with 15 plus years of relevant work experience in Customer Support for a tech company / Fintech / Modern bank
- Demonstrated experience of the overall FinTech solutions
- Ability to manage situations on the ground and partner relationships
- Adapt to a fast-paced environment
B. Specific knowledge
- Knowledge of the Indian Banking and Financial Services industry.
- Proven experience of having set up a similar function and knowledge of consumer journey
- The incumbent should have set up 300+ seater customer support departments from scratch
- The overall experience of both inbound and outbound will be preferred
- Comes with very good understanding of systems with demonstrated track record of implementing modern, large scale system driven operations & support processes
- Should have experience of directly managing 8-10 managers and overall teams of 300 people and above
- Should have achieved targets in an OKR and SLA environment with an explicit emphasis on metrics
- Prior experience of leading recruitment drives along with exposure of conducting assessment centers, versant evaluation and agent interviewing will be desirable.
Management & Leadership Capabilities:
The candidate should also possess:
- Strong business acumen, problem-solving ability, and tech savvy
- Strong customer orientation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, good presentation skills and excellent negotiation skills. Ability to engage with the Board and senior management.
- Adaptable, approachable, open minded with a clear understanding of the business; the incumbent must bring the ability and orientation to contribute beyond his scope of work
- High degree of integrity, moral and ethical standards
- Hands on, i.e. - roll-up-sleeve- type
- The incumbent should be a qualified engineer (preferably computer science). An MBA as an additional qualification will be an added advantage.