Recruitment Team at Plivo
Views:1481 Applications:141 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:132
Plivo - Senior Product Manager (5-8 yrs)
Plivo is amongst the leading Service Providers in the CPaaS market, which is estimated to grow to a whopping 8 billion dollars by 2019. Plivo started in 2011 and has been backed by investors like Andreessen Horowitz who are also the early stages investors in the companies such as Facebook, Google, and Airbnb. Plivo is also part of YCombinator a most sought after incubation in the Valley and is now profitable as well. Plivo has a team of about 200+ members spread between its US & India offices. Plivo has 1000's of businesses from around the globe who trust us with their Voice and Messaging needs including helping them manage their Customer interactions. We are looking for someone who is excited to grow with us and be part of a company that is disrupting a multibillion-dollar telecom space.
We are dedicated to simplify and disrupt the multi billion-telecom market. Our cloud-powered Voice and SMS APIs allow businesses to build communication applications that are scalable, low cost, and global. Thousands of well-known businesses are already built using Plivo including popular conferencing solutions, mobile communication apps, SMS marketing software, and business phone solutions and this is just the beginning.
Plivo is looking for a Product Manager to join the routing & pricing team. As a PM, you will be responsible for our Products end to end. The key focus for this role is about Why and What to build. In this role, you will work with engineering, marketing, sales, and customer support to launch a new product and then enhance the same.
Successful candidates will have shown the ability to ship quality product in a fast-paced environment. It is particularly important that you have experience working directly with engineers and engineering management.
1. Ownership of one of Plivo's main revenue drivers
2. Managing the product backlog and prioritizing product stories in engineering sprints
3. Working closely with the engineering teams on new features and critical bugs
4. The buck stops at you on the following key aspects of the product
- Product Quality -> Bugs, Uptime, Stability
- P&L -> Pricing & Margins.
- Growth -> Customer Acquisition, Churn and Go-To-Market for new features.
- Supportability -> Enabling Sales, Support, Solutions Engineering, and Customer Success teams
5. Internal stakeholder management
- Roadmap visibility
- Expectation setting
- Product training programs
- Crisis management
6. External stakeholder management. Working with Plivo's carrier partners on non-commercial aspects of the relationship
- At least 3 years of prior experience in software product management, preferably at an e-commerce company (on their Seller Side platform)
- Software development background prior to that is a must. Experience on REST APIs is preferred
- Prior experience in vendor management
- Informal work style, startup culture with flexible work hours
- Endless snacks and beverages
- Free gym membership
- Competitive salary and other benefits