Manager - Talent Acquisition at Play Games24x7
Views:1356 Applications:340 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:16
Play Games24x7 - Manager - Marketing Analytics - IIT/NIT (3-6 yrs)
Marketing Analytics Manager
- Play Games24x7 Pvt. Ltd. is the first online company to bring games of skill with cash prizes to the large, yet under-served Indian market in a fun, light-hearted and friendly setting.
- India's rich history and culture of games and the rapid growth of the Internet has presented us with a unique opportunity the opportunity to bring to people across India games they have always loved and enjoyed, but dont necessarily find the time or the friends to play with anymore. Competition, the joy of success and social connectivity form the backbone of our product.
- We kicked off this ambitious journey in 2009 with Indias most popular card game Rummy. Today, we are Indias largest online rummy site (www.rummycircle.com) and millions of players visit us every month to play for free and for cash prizes. We have ambitious plans to build newer game products and cater to an ever- expanding base of customers.
- We are funded jointly by international venture capitalists and a hedge fund that has made significant investments in the past in some of the most successful Internet companies in India. We will continue to invest to incorporate new innovations and capabilities into the core platform to ensure that our players receive a world-class experience.
The Games24x7 Ethos :
- At Games24x7 we are passionate about one and only one thing - providing the best possible playing experience to our players. We take immense pride in our work and believe that the best way to serve our players is by listening to them. We listen to the sound of every click that our players make or dont make when they are with us. We believe very strongly in experimenting, but in the true spirit of experiments, we insist that every new idea be either backed by data or be eventually provable by data.
- Every experiment has at its genesis an idea. The Games24x7 idea hierarchy is flat and new ideas can come from anywhere, but every idea goes through the same process vigorous debate, arguments, data validation, and every so often, from this grueling yet immensely satisfying process comes one addition to our product, operating or marketing strategy. This is the essence of life at Games24x7.
The Games24x7 Team Member :
- If you have boundless energy, are bubbling with bright ideas, are extremely hard working and have no problems taking a hands-on approach to your work, we are the right destination for you. While we value tremendously problem-solving skills, we value even more problem finding skills.
- People who have risen the fastest in our company are those that have a keen eye for detecting critical business problems and then solving them. The Games24x7 work atmosphere is very amiable, and at the same time always charged with excitement. The dynamic nature of our business ensures that all our
- Team members can see how their contributions benefit the business. We encourage our team members to take responsibility and grow into future leaders in our company and the industry.
Introduction and Role Summary :
- A digital marketing campaign starts with a digital advertisement (creative elements and copy, based on a creative communication idea). The campaign then follows the ad viewer from ad impression to ad click to arrival on the site landing page to filling out the registration form and finally turning into a paid player. This is called the Acquisition Funnel.
- The Marketing Analytics Manager will work in the Marketing Acquisition team at Games24x7.
- The main job of the Marketing Analytics Manager is to identify opportunities, problems or pain points in consumers journey- right from their interaction with campaigns and landing pages to product adoption and engagement - and then build hypothesis on possible reasons for those opportunities, problems or pain points, and validate the hypothesis by analyzing data by slicing, dicing and looking at various variables that might be affecting consumer behavior.
- Through this thorough analysis, we should be able to identify unusual hidden insights into consumer behavior. We have to then share these insights with the marketing operations, marketing product and brand teams to build new product features, new user journeys, and new marketing campaigns. The Marketing Analytics Manager will work with/guide data analysts to pull and shape the data from fully available and accessible data marts and dashboards, with full analytical rigor to build optimized Acquisition Funnels end to end.
- This optimization is achieved by doing a round-the-clock analysis of data on player behavior views, clicks, landing page behavior, registrations, paid conversions, ROI, LTV modeling, retention analysis etc. This analysis leads to important strategic decisions and tactical campaigns. Tactical decisions are about which campaigns should get a bigger share of the budget and which less. Strategic decisions are about using player behavior data to arrive at insights about the player decision making process. These insights feed into the design of new advertisements, new landing pages and even changes to the core product, which would ultimately improve the Acquisition Funnel and improve ROI.
- The Marketing Analytics Manager will undergo on-the-job training with the Marketing Head, Data Science, Marketing Product, Marketing Operations to ensure a smooth understanding of the position.
Detailed Job Description :
- Monitoring of Acquisition Funnel Data and product experiments for all campaigns (several dozen at any time) on a Daily, Weekly and Monthly basis to understand and analyze their effectiveness in achieving quarterly business targets.
- Work with Analytics lead and Marketing head to lay down cost per acquisition thresholds, ROI targets for all campaigns based on marketing budget and quarterly targets.
- Work with Marketing Operations, Product Marketing and Brand to provide regular insights on campaigns through rigorous analysis on AB tests and campaigns data.
- To detect perturbations in campaigns or product, and lay down hypothesis that might explain these perturbations, and test them in coordination with the Marketing Operations, - Product Marketing and Business Intelligence teams.
- To come up with actionable insights, based on Acquisition Funnel, for creative elements in ads, landing page design and our core rummy product.
- To work with the Analytics lead and Marketing Director to convert actionable insights into well- defined projects.
- To work with the Product team and the Marketing Director to execute these projects and measure their success.
- At least 2+ years of relevant analytics experience. Overall experience preferably in advertising, digital marketing, analytics (product/web), or finance portfolio optimization areas
- MBA in Marketing / Finance/ Analytics from Tier 1 college. An engineering degree from NIT/IIT is a plus.
- Degree/certificate in analytics or statistics is a strong plus
- Knowledge of SQL and experience in R/Python and dashboarding/visualization is a strong plus.
- Knowledge/experience of segmentation and statistical modeling techniques is a plus
- Exceptional logical and analytics skills
- Strong ability to parse through data and detect patterns
- Strong ability to convert patterns in data to test the hypothesis
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to manage and lead a team of analysts
- Strong written and oral communication skill concise and precise
Job Location : Mumbai